You'll Never Walk Alone - Liverpool Football Club

liverbird95

Reaction score
View attachment 350198
I started a save earlier with the love of my life, Liverpool Football Club. I've never done a story on a website on any of my games on FM, so after reading through a few on here I thought I'd give it a go.

Pre-Season
View attachment 350203We didn't have the best of pre-seasons but we stayed unbeaten wining 3 games and drawing 2 out of 5. Daniel Sturridge and Eduardo were both on fire scoring 6 goals between them.

Liverpool 3-2 Liverpool Reserves

(Borini, Sterling, Shelvey)
LFC player of the match: Fabio Borini.

CSKA (Sofia) 1-1 Liverpool
(Sturridge)

LFC player of the match: Jose Enrique.

Ulsan 4-2 Liverpool
(Downing, Sturridge)

LFC player of the match: Stewart Downing.

Liverpool 2-2 Celtic
(Sturridge, Coutinho)

LFC player of the match: Daniel Sturridge.

Liverpool 5-0 AFC Liverpool
(Eduardo(3), Assaidi, Flanagan)
LFC player of the match: Eduardo.

View attachment 350206
We got drawn against Mlada Boleslav who are a team from Czech Republic in the 3rd round qualifiers of the UEFA cup. Over 2 legs the aggregate ended up 7-4 making us progress to the next round.

Mlada 3-4 Liverpool
(Sturridge(2), Downing, Agger)

LFC player of the match: Daniel Sturridge.
Liverpool 3-1 Mlada
(Gerrard(2), Assaidi)

LFC player of the match: Steven Gerrard.

Transfer Window
View attachment 350209
I made 3 signings to strengthen the side. I was thrilled to pull off the Raul Albiol signing from Real Madrid. He is on a season-long-loan costing a loan fee of 200K a month and 25K wages per week. Eduardo was on the transfer list for just 5M and one word popped into my mind after seeing his stats, 'bargain', and seems happy to be a squad player. Finally, Simone Pepe, who was also unwanted at his club and as I needed a first team right winger, he became my number one target. The deal took a while to go through as he failed his medical once but the Liverpool fans reacted well to the signing once it was all complete.

View attachment 350212
I sent a number of younger players out on loan (Coady, Yesil, Teixeira and Smith) this also helped the wage reduce. A number of clubs were interested in Luis Suarez (Arsenal, Chelsea, PSG) but only Tottenham could pay 30M upfront and Luis was happy to go there. There wasn't much interest from clubs for Coates or Martin Kelly so once Arsenal and Stoke came in for them I bit their hand off.

Liverpool Squad 12/13
View attachment 350216
Pepe Reina(25), Brad Jones(1), Glen Johnson(2), John Flanagan(26), Daniel Agger(5), Raul Albiol(4), Jamie Carragher(23), Martin Skrtel(37), Andre Wisdom(28), Jose Enrique(3), Jack Robinson(27), Simone Pepe(7), Raheem Sterling(18), Steven Gerrard(8), Lucas Leiva(21), Jordan Henderson(14), Jonjo Shelvey(20), Joe Allen(24), Stewart Downing(19), Oussama Assaidi(11), Coutinho(10), Suso(17), Daniel Sturridge(15), Eduardo(22), Fabio Borini(29).

I find it strange you have sold one of your best players and not replaced him with class.

Strange to sell Suarez but good luck mate, I'll follow