MossyLFC

Reaction score
lpool-3.png

LIVERPOOL APPOINT MOSS
Liverpool have confirmed the appointment of Josh Moss as their new manager.
Moss has signed a two-year deal at Anfield to replace Roy Hodgson.

"I'm honoured to be taking on the role of manager of Britain's most successfull football club" Moss told the club's official website earlier on today. "I am looking forward to meeting the players and staff and getting down to work at Melwood."​

de8gu1.jpg

FULL INTERVIEW WITH JOSH MOSS
Sky Sports News was this morning granted the first interview with new Liverpool boss Josh Moss. As he prepares for his new life as manager he spoke about his Anfield arrival and his hopes for the future.

You arrive at the club as a replacement for Roy Hodgson, who was unable to bring success to Anfield. Do you feel that you are the right person to take Liverpool to the next level?
Yes, I really hope so. I have confidence in my abilities to do this job and win silver-ware. This club deserves success and everything is in place for that to happen.

How proud are you to have become only the 19th manager in Liverpool's history?
I'm extremely proud. The club's tradition in terms of it's football and it's managers is really second to none and it was an opportunity which was absolutely impossible to turn down. I am both proud and excited at the prospect of working as the Liverpool manager.

As far as your backroom staff go, will you be bringing in your own members or will the likes of Sammy Lee and Steve Cooper be staying at the club?
I would like to bring in maybe one or maybe two men of my own. I will talk with Thomas Werner about it. I will also talk to the likes of Sammy Lee and Steve Cooper. I need to understand what they do and how they do it. Then we will see.

Despite some high quality performances and a squad filled with talent, Liverpool have been unable to win many competitions of late. You must be hoping to change that?
Of course. Trophies are what a manager is judged on, so of course I want to win something as soon as possible, for the fans and for the club.

Recent reports have linked you with a move for Aston Villa striker John Carew. Are you prepared to go on record with your thoughts on this story?

I haven't thought about signing anyone yet, I really don't know where this story has come from. I have been given a transfer budget and I will only spend if I need to. This week I will be assessing the players and see where the weaknessess are in the squad and where we need to improve, then I may take a look in the transfer market.​

---------- Post added at 04:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 AM ----------

sportheader.png

LIVERPOOL'S CHARLES ITANDJE JOINES LYON
Olympique Lyonnais have completed the signing of Liverpool's former France Under-21 international Charles Itandje for a fee to be believed of £1,000,000.
Itandje, who signed for Liverpool for £1.7M in 2007, didn't make a single first-team appearance for the club.

itvsportef7.jpg

DANIEL PACHECO RETURNS TO SPAIN
Real Madrid have signed Liverpool's youngster Daniel Pacheco for a fee of £3,500,000.
The 19 year-old had been on the transfer list at Anfield and the club felt it was time to allow the striker to move on.
Pacheco revealed that he was really enthuusistic about the prospect of moving to such a well-supported club.

de8gu1.jpg

HAZARD TO LIVERPOOL
Sky Sports News understands that Lille have accepted a £17,000,000 offer from Liverpool for attacking midfielder Eden Hazard.

4vlmoy.jpg

good luck mate. Ill keep an eye out for this :)
Cheers mate, keep following! :)

------------------------------------------------------

lpool-3.png

LIVERPOOL SIGN HAZARD
Josh Moss made his first signing for Liverpool today as Belgium midfielder Eden Hazard joined for a fee of £17,000,000.
Lille's chairman Michel Seydoux said that the offer was too good to refuse.
Liverpool's Pepe Reina has expressed his delight at the 17M signing. He has a very high opinion of the 19-year-old attacking midfielder and believed he is set to have a bright future at Anfield.

EDEN HAZARD UNVEILED BY JOSH MOSS
You sit here alongside your first signing Eden Hazard. Are you pleased to have got your man?
I am delighted to be able to welcome Eden to the club. He has fantastic potential to turn into a world class player.

As Hazard is just 19 years old, do you see this signing as more one for the future?
He is for the future, and for the present. I am looking for Eden to come in and make an immediate impact.

Does this deal have much of an impact on your transfer budget?
Obviously it was an expensive transfer but the bank isn't completely empty. The deal definitely took a chunk out of the budget but I am still looking to add one, maybe two more players to the squad.

Would you agree with Pepe Reina that Hazard has the talent to become a quality player here?

Yes, definatly. Eden has all the attributes required to be a magnificent player.

Hazard had a wonderful relationship with the supporters at his previous club. Do you see the Reds taking to your new signing in a similar manner?

Only time will tell but I think they're going to love him.

Hazard has spoken of his excitement at playing for a team with the support Liverpool Football Club has. How important do you think it is for the fans to continue to back the team?
I think it speaks for itself. Eden was delighted to join this club and it was in a large part due to the fantastic world-wide support.

x2o239.jpg

EURO CUP 3RD QUALIFYING ROUND
Either Stabaek or EB/Streymmur will play Liverpool.

Cheers lads :)

-----------------------------------------------------------

espn-1.png

5 STAR LIVERPOOL
Charlton 0-5 Liverpool

Liverpool got their pre-season underway today by thrashing Charlton Athletic 5-0 at The Valley.

David N'Gog (11)
Christian Dailly (OG) (17)
Steven Gerrard (46, 56)
Maxi Rodriguez (80)

Attendance: 19, 715
Man of the match : Maxi Rodriguez

sportheader.png

LIVERPOOL SCRAPE WIN IN PRE-SEASON FRIENDLY
Genk 0-1 Liverpool

Liverpool travelled to Belgium to play their second pre-season friendly against Genk today.
They came out winners but only just about scraped it in this close match, thanks to Ryan Babel's goal.

Ryan Babel (61)

Attendance: 20, 027
Man of the match : Daniel Agger

lpool-3.png

Liverpool have signed thirty-three year old Irish right-back Stephen Carr from Birmingham for £2,500,000.
The former Birmingham captain has already expressed his determination to do well for the club and impress his new manager.
He will have to fight for his place with Glen Johnson but he has said he is 'looking forward to the challenge'.

itvsportef7.jpg

LIVERPOOL PUT ON POOR SHOW
FC Metz 2-0 Liverpool
Liverpool put on a poor performance today as they were beaten by the French FC Metz.
Daniel Agger sustained a twisted ankle in this match. It is likely that he will be out for around 3 weeks whilst he is treated.

Olivier Cassan (31)
Mateusz Siebert (56)

Attendance: 13, 465
Man of the match : Rudy Gestede

de8gu1.jpg

REDS FINISH OFF PRE-SEASON ON A HIGH NOTE
Ipswich 0-3 Liverpool
Liverpool put on a good performance today as they finished off pre-season beating Ipswich 3-0 and Portman Road.

Paul Konchesky (52)
Steven Gerrard (61, 74)

Attendance: 22, 546
Man of the match : Steven Gerrard

x2o239.jpg

MOSS MAKES MANAGERIAL DEBUT
Stabaek 1-0 Liverpool
FIRST LEG
Liverpool had the most possession overall but couldn't finish their chances, they conceded too many fouls meaning their effort was often for nothing.
They will have it all to do on the home tie which will be played in 7 days time.

Attendance : 14, 657
Man of the match : Veigar Pall Gunnarson

You must be very disappointed with that first leg defeat but are you still hopeful you can turn the tie around at home?
This isn't over yet. It's only half-time and I know our fans can make all the difference in the second half.

Not the start you have had in mind, just how disappointed are you with today's result?
You have to keep things into perspective. It's disappoint to lose but we played well and it's only one game.

lpool-3.png

BRADFORD LOAN MAVINGA
Liverpool's French central defender Chris Mavinga has joined Bradford on loan for 6 months.
The 19-year-old told worldsoccer.com that he was still learning his trade and that he felt the loan move would be a good step up from playing reserve team football.

media-watch.gif

TRANSFER RUMOURS
MAN CITY FANS EXCITED BY PROSPECT REINA
Roberto Mancini's desire to bring Liverpool's goalkeeper Pepe Reina to The City Of Manchester Stadium has got the City fans in a state of excitement.
Supporters have been flooding the club's message boards praising Mancini's judgement and ambition of wanted to bring a player like Pepe Reina to the club.

MOSS CHASES JO
Man City's striker Jo is being targeted by Liverpool.
The reds are said to be looking to add to their squad at Anfield and believe the striker will fit the bill perfectly.
Jo is on the transfer-list at Man City but has expressed his desire to stay at The City Of Manchester Stadium.

de8gu1.jpg

REDS THROUGH TO NEXT ROUND
Liverpool 2-0 Stabaek
SECOND LEG
Liverpool knocked out the Norwegian side Stabaek today as they beat them 2-0 which ended up 2-1 on aggregate.
Both Milan Jovanovic and Eden Hazard both scored their first goals for Liverpool today.

Attendance : 33, 560
Man of the match : Glen Johnson

MP1273-LIVERPOOL-team-photo-11.jpg

LIVERPOOL REGISTER SQUAD FOR THE NEW SEASON
GOAL KEEPERS
Pepe Reina
Brad Jones

DEFENDERS
Glen Johnson
Stephen Carr
Jamie Carragher
Daniel Agger
Martin Skrtel
Sotiris Kyrgiakos
Paul Konchesky
Fabio Aurelio

MIDFIELDERS
Dirk Kuyt
Maxi Rodriguez
Raul Meireles
Lucas
Christian Poulsen
Jonjo Shlevy
Joe Cole
Ryan Babel
Steven Gerrard
Eden Hazard

STRIKERS
Fernando Torres
Milan Jovanovic
David N'Gog

espn-1.png

EURO CUP 4TH QUALIFYING ROUND
Liverpool will play FC Red Star Belgrade in the EURO Cup Fourth Qualifying Round.
The first leg will be played at Anfield on Thursday 19th August 2010.
Liverpool are acknowledged as the most successful side ever to have played in the EURO Cup, having won the competition 3 times.