Young Central Defender

GlynnsV

Reaction score
I was hoping someone could help me with recommendations for young, relatively cheap Central Defenders.
Playing as Birmingham with an aging defense so need some youthful promise to come in.
Preferably English/British but any player nationality welcome.
Thanks<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Cheers, I'll have a look into them, how much did you pay for them each?

sidnei wont b interested i guess and he'll cost a bomb. which season r u on? if early, try gerson. michael turner and kamil zayatte frm hull are not bad as well

Just a few games into the first season in the Championship.
I've done a long stint with Birmingham before, jusat end up spending a lot of money for someone like Mark Beevers or Joe ledley so was looking for someone cheaper and/or younger.
I'll give all those guys a go though too, thanks

gerson is a very good young brazilian CB, only cost me £1.3mill

Rafael Forster may come to the championship, can play LB aswell
Matej Rapnik, free transfer on 9.3 patch, develops quite well if you train him.
Gerson is good also but may take a while to settle.

Trouble is British players generally cost more. Maybe try and get a loan in, Mancienne from Chelsea, or another good young defender not playing regularly, if he plays regularly and you get promoted theres a good chance your club will become one of his favourites, you can then put a bid in over the summer and stand a decent chance of getting them.

Yeah I know.
Tried Mancienne on loan at the start of the season but Chelsea wouldn't loan him out. The british players do cost a lot more, Scott Dan and Mark Beevers are prime examples, but I like to have a British core to my sides which I've always done.
Think Gerson is on his way, but like you said it may take him a while to settle due to the language barrier but we'll see!

I must admit british players can be overpriced I got lucky shef utd went into admin and I picked up killgallon for 500k.

That is lucky!
Managed to get Martin Cranie in on loan for the remainder of the season and Gerson is on is way in January for £1.2mill over 18months ao think I've done a nice bit of buisness there.

nordveit is good but depends wat season your in

Yeah if you can keep him happy, (and away from Broad Street ;-)) and train him well he develops into a good quality prem CB. Good Business.

Haha! Yeah I'm wrapping Gerson in cotton wool!
Martin Crainie has slotted in alongside Ridgewell beautifully, 3 Clean sheets on the bounce since he's come in.

Look at Krystian Pearce in your reserves, on loan at Scunthorpe first season but he's a quality player

Yeah he's got 180PA as well I think.
Just can't recall him from his loan spell so have to wait untill the end of this season to get him back.

Kyristian Pearce is decent and Kyriakos Papadopolous is a decent buy but very young.

That defender from Newc on loan? Edgar.

i signed beavers on my champ game as argyle for 150k sheff wed just get relegated

yh Kyristian Pearce is good in second season on 9.3.0 update he was dubbed the next rio ferdiand lol