MajorMash

Reaction score
THE YOUNG GUNS CHALLENGE!

The Challenge:
The rules are simple. Achieve as much success as you can, using only players under the age of 25. That means that from the day a player hits the age of 25, he cannot be played.

HOWEVER: DUE TO THE EXTREMITY OF THE CHALLENGE FOR THE FIRST SEASON, IT IS OPTIONAL TO PLAY ONE SEASON WITHOUT ANY PENALTIES OR POINTS, AND THEN BEGIN THE CHALLENGE. IF YOU DO CHOOSE TO PLAY THIS CHALLENGE DIRECTLY FROM THE START, THEN ALL POINTS AWARDED IN THE FIRST SEASON WILL BE DOUBLED. (includes doubled penalties)

The Points System:
> Winning the Champions League - 100pts
> Winning Europa League - 70pts
> Winning Domestic League (TOP TEIR ONLY) - 50pts
> Winning any Domestic Cup - 20pts
> Achieving a promotion - 15pts
> Player is League Top Scorer - 10pts
> Player is League Player of the Season - 10pts
> Depending on final league win/draws/losses, points will be awarded. 2pts per win, 1pt per draw, and -1pts per loss.

Penalties:
> If a player over the age of 25 plays in a game, then you lose 1 point. This means you can still play an over age player if you really need to, at a price.
> If the games played total for all players over the age of 25 is greater than 25, then you lose 50pts ON TOP of the above penalty.

Requirements:
At the end of each season, the following must be posted:
> Complete Fixture List
> League Table
> Player List Showing: Games Played, Age, Birthdate.
> Any cup/league results that reward you points.

I will create a leaderboard in the following post, and update it regularly.

This challenge can be completed on either Classic or Full mode, however all points designated in Classic will be multiplied by 0.8, due to the ease of use in Classic.

Please try not to use any downloaded tactics, because if you use someone else's tactics then it is them winning the games, not you.

NO CHEATING. All though I cannot prevent this, it really would have to be a sad, sad individual who would cheat just so they could appear more skilled at FM than others. I personally wouldn't feel any self-satisfaction if I was cheating in order to win games...

If anyone has any feedback or ways to improve this challenge, please suggest them to me, either via PM or by posting below.

Last edited:
My Progress:

I am currently playing as:

Last edited:
Might try this with Blackburn Rovers... we'll see :D

Ok time to really get into this challenge - I am going to random number generate my way into success!!! As of tomorrow after my sleep tonight!

Last edited:
I feel that the penalty for playing a over 25 should increase to 5 points as one point is hardly a scary penalty. Apart from that its a great challenge and I will attempt it with Blackburn .Don't know how long it will last as I'm about to start my exam period. And out of interest. Is there any rules regarding the changing of clubs. If I could switch clubs after a season would be fun.

I feel that the penalty for playing a over 25 should increase to 5 points as one point is hardly a scary penalty. Apart from that its a great challenge and I will attempt it with Blackburn .Don't know how long it will last as I'm about to start my exam period. And out of interest. Is there any rules regarding the changing of clubs. If I could switch clubs after a season would be fun.

I have left it as 1 point because it is 1 point per player per game, so that can add up to a decent amount. It can be quite hard for the first season to do all under 25's due to current squads.

You may switch clubs whenever you like!

Friendlies do not count, it is purely competetive games.

Thanks, I've just started with Blackburn. Will try and keep playing regularly it I don't to much time. :(

Haven't been able to get anywhere yet:( just finished transfer window. Was wondering about whether this challenge could have a similar challenge but your only allowed over 30 year olds. Might consider starting one after a season or two with Blackburn. (Hopefully)

Haven't been able to get anywhere yet:( just finished transfer window. Was wondering about whether this challenge could have a similar challenge but your only allowed over 30 year olds. Might consider starting one after a season or two with Blackburn. (Hopefully)

Feel free to do that!