Status
Not open for further replies.

mark1985

Reaction score
Or a mixture of the two. Which do you go for? I try and get a mix, but the vast majority of my squad is 26 or under. 1 or 2 veterens (Chiesa and Corradi) to sit on the bench (partly because of Chiesa's versitility - he's an am/f lrc) and help tutor the youngsters. But I prefer to buy 15/16/17 year old players and build them up, getting them on long contracts, and plowing money into youth facilites and youth coaches.

Anyone got any tips on the perfect balance of old/young and the best way to train up young players. Do I keep them in the 18s with my good youth set up and good youth coaches and the occasional cameo on the bench, or send them out on loan?

To be succesful you always have to have a mixture of both young and old, the experience from the veterans is priceless.

To be succesful you always have to have a mixture of both young and old, the experience from the veterans is priceless.

This man is bang on the money.

You need the mix, such as the mental stats on younger players can be poor, and placed next to the more experienced players will help them.

And I tend to keep around 2 or 3 over 30's, and in turn keep the squad average about 25-26, where you will have a good mix.

welcome to Fm-base mate :)

it is essential to have a mixture :) a lot of people will say they have won the league and ECL with an average age of 21 (which I have on numerous occasions in the past) but it is essential when it comes to player development and tutoring especially...

I suggest reading this mate ;)

The Complete How to train/tutor my youngster's Thread

and your heading is redundant :) (old veterans)

Status
Not open for further replies.