young prospect unhappy being put in reserves???

bobby4times

Reaction score
A couple of times now i have brought a youngster as a 'hot prospect' or 'good youngster'. When I finally sign them and they join the club the seem to automatically be in the first team squad. When I then put them into the reserve squad they kick up a fuss and request a transfer....even though they are young and were not signed for the first team!

Any ideas and does this happen to everyone??

yea its happened to me.. just interact and be nice... if he still kicks off leave him there till end of season.. he wont talk to you or anythin but at end of season offer him contract and you'll be fine again

What squad status did you put them as? If they are key player, or first team they will be unhappy, as a basic 'promise' has been broken.

What squad status did you put them as? If they are key player, or first team they will be unhappy, as a basic 'promise' has been broken.

He did say he signed them as a Youngster/Hot Prospect :)

Last edited:
I had some random 16 year old goalkeeper that could not belive I was talking to him the way I was! Is there anyway to stop them going into the first team in the first place?

leave him the first team but loan him out ? normally i just let players get upset and refuse to speak to them, they just get dropped or sold when they get upset

Not really, any player signed goes into the first team automatically. Strange though, never had anyone upset about being dropped, but if I'm dropping them it's onto the youth team, not reserves.
You could just set him as "available for reserves"... Clutters up the first team, but hey, anything not to deal with snotty ******** :p

Don't put them in reserves, put them in your youth team, they won't complain and they'll develop nicer too as they play on a weekly basis.