Reaction score
decided to sell Berbatov, I've now got a partnership of Rooney and Hernandez for the Premier League games, but for the ones where I decide to rest my best players (i.e. carling cup, easyish champo league grp games) I've only got danny welbeck + will need one more forward.

thought about getting Mbaye Niang for his future potential, but as he is also best played as a poacher imo, it wouldnt suit him as much to play alongside someone with the pace of welbeck. So really what I want is either a creative forward that players slightly deeper, or a target man for the flick-ons.

I'm open to suggestions, but the strikers found on this forum that best fitted the bill were carlos fierro (as treq) + yaya sanogo (target man). the pros for fierro are that he has good mental stats for a young age, i can approach him for a compensation of just over £1 mil + he's only on like £9 per week or something at chivas but would only come to the club in a years time if i sign him.
With Sanogo, he's older which is kind of an advantage as he will reach his peak quicker, he's quite physical and will get the flick-ons for a player like welbeck to run on to the loose balls. but the downside is he doesnt suit the style of football im hoping to implement- short passing on the floor at a slowish tempo. meaning i will have to alter the tactics when he plays to accommodate him, and make sure he gets more service from out wide.

would be interested to know how well people have done with these strikers or know other players i can look at.

cheers :)

Last edited:
Carlos Fierro has done well for me in my saves but it will take him a long while before he becomes top quality. I would recommend that you buy both Fierro and Erik Torres from Chivas. Erik will be a suitable backup striker who will become first team in a season or two and you can loan out Fierro for a couple of seasons. After that you can put Fierro in the first team.

Not sure, I think it's either poacher or treq.

Give Will Keane a chance.

I agree with this. Heck, Macheda also, both of them have been excellent for me in my save, Macheda especially (he is actually second on my goal scoring chart this season), and Keane has had two hat tricks in addition to Macheda's performance.

I agree with this. Heck, Macheda also, both of them have been excellent for me in my save, Macheda especially (he is actually second on my goal scoring chart this season), and Keane has had two hat tricks in addition to Macheda's performance.

I hadn't thought about that actually, might give them a try out in some pre-season games to have a look at them. remember macheda's goal against aston villa a few years ago? loved that moment being a birmingham city fan!

yeah will try them out- in fact im will keane to. do you have any advice on the best roles/duties for either of those players?

cheers

I hadn't thought about that actually, might give them a try out in some pre-season games to have a look at them. remember macheda's goal against aston villa a few years ago? loved that moment being a birmingham city fan!

yeah will try them out- in fact im will keane to. do you have any advice on the best roles/duties for either of those players?

cheers

Keane's a poacher or a Treq (Strangely, since IRL he isn't really like that o_O), Macheda is more of a Treq or AF.