Youngsters development in reserves vs youth squad

kingtut313

Reaction score
is there any advantages to using kids in the reserve squad as opposed to just leaving them in the youth squad?

i would imagine the 'working with youngsters' ability of my coaches is a big factor but i was just curious as i have some nice prospects who occasionally will play with the reserves and do well but they are still listed on my under 18 squad.. should i move them to reserves?

is there any advantages to using kids in the reserve squad as opposed to just leaving them in the youth squad?

i would imagine the 'working with youngsters' ability of my coaches is a big factor but i was just curious as i have some nice prospects who occasionally will play with the reserves and do well but they are still listed on my under 18 squad.. should i move them to reserves?

Reserve games are of a higher standard to youth games, I tend to put my best prospects into Reserve team to give them the extra boost in their development.

Or you could put them in the first team squad so they train with the first team but make them available for the reserves. That's what I do.

Or you could put them in the first team squad so they train with the first team but make them available for the reserves. That's what I do.

1st team coaches coach both 1st team and reserve team players... Though I put great prospect (2-4) as 1st team with reserves availability just like you do.

Also. if you let others to manage the reserve team, if you have great prospect, but still has low ability, try to eliminate his competition in his position. Especially old ones that wont improve.

ok it looks like i should move my better prospects up to the reserves.. thanks for the input