Your Best Methods for Developing Young Players?

Vance77

Reaction score
I'm finding the 2014 game a little bit more difficult to develop players. In the older versions of games, it was too easy to buy young players and develop a team of world class players by simply playing them in the first team, and getting them tutored by players with a higher determination stat. To me, this version seems to be a more intricate in terms of the methods used to nurture players and the results you get from them.

One thing I have noticed is that it seems as though if you give a player a better squad status, the less he develops as a player (more realistic though, I suppose).

Anyway, I'm just wondering what people's methods are in this game for developing such players and getting the best results out of them?

to be honest what i usually do if they are 3.5-5 star rated players with good stats i use the advice regularly on what to do with training attributes positions i keep them in under 18 matches except for capital one cup & fa cup games against lower division teams which i give them a few games at the most 5 in the 1st season while making sure i have a world class player in his position who can help tutor him in the 2nd season give them 15+ games and the 3rd season is always make and break season if they can come into my team and outperform my main player i will give the youngsters 30+ games a season like in my current season i sold sergio busquets with a loss because of a world class regen i had through he was that good i sold busquets for 9 million best decision i ever made has led to a 20 match unbeaten run in the league ;)

right now i just loan out my hot prospect youngster even if they on 15, to have true competitive macth, under 19 or reserved match didnt work so much. but only for team that will provided him first team option. . and it work with 2 hot prospect that ready for my first team.