SullivanN

Reaction score
Who has been your most successful signing & why?

I've had a couple, welly nem never fails to disappoint obviously.
But Pohjanpalo was impressive for my Crewe save, he scored 35 in the first season, I signed him for 140k.

joe jackson for bath city in the blue square prem 40+ goals in his first season and he didn't cost a penny!

I haven't had any yet that have stood out in fm 2013, but Wilker in fm 2012 scored 52 goals in the first season with my FC Halifax save

nice, ive been tempted with a blue square premier save but i dont have enough knowledge about it in terms of transfers

Gino Peruzzi

Definitely Gino Peruzzi! Bought him three times on my long term save. Paid £6m for Newcastle in 2013, £24m to take him to Arsenal in 2015 and £34m when i moved to Barcelona in 2017. Best full back ive ever signed in FM years!

I have a pic of him from his Newcastle days ive posted previously:

View attachment 313554

Only one and a half seasons in but so far:

Mattia Destro (Free)
Leon Goretzka (£4m)
Jose Angel (£1.8m)
Carlos Fierro (£7.25m)

Has to be Libor Kozak. got him for 2 mil' pound on 1st season with stoke, 21 prem league goals and got me the UCL spot.

Obviously a few regens but Marco Capuano for my Newcastle save. Most consistent player ever. Injury free season after season too.

William Ekong Dutch CB from Tottenham ... Got him for my Hebburn Town save in the Northern Premier League on a Amateur contract ... Man Of The Match and 8.0 ratings every match.

Quite a few though.

Only one and a half seasons in but so far:

Mattia Destro (Free)
Leon Goretzka (£4m)
Jose Angel (£1.8m)
Carlos Fierro (£7.25m)

Agree with Destro and Fierro ... Lethal strike force , but how did you manage to get Fierro for that price! they always wont go below 10m for me

Has to be Libor Kozak. got him for 2 mil' pound on 1st season with stoke, 21 prem league goals and got me the UCL spot.

I signed him in the Championship for Wolves in my first season and he was immense. He struggles to get in my team now though with Fierro and Destro in front of him and Ademilson on his way in January. Great sub though as he always makes an impact.

Agree with Destro and Fierro ... Lethal strike force , but how did you manage to get Fierro for that price! they always wont go below 10m for me

I can't remember what I offered, he was only worth a couple of hundred grand at the time midway through the first season. They countered with £7.25m and I snapped their hand off. 19 years old and 18 goals in his first Premier League season so far and we're only in December, including two hat tricks.

I can't remember what I offered, he was only worth a couple of hundred grand at the time midway through the first season. They countered with £7.25m and I snapped their hand off. 19 years old and 18 goals in his first Premier League season so far and we're only in December, including two hat tricks.

You got lucky! I had to pay 13.25 and 12.5 in my current saves!

stevan jovetic goal machine he is for me at manchester united shame about his injury proneness tho luckily i have giroud as back up

Got to be Neymar, absolute goal machine if set as a poacher 20+ league goals every season for the last 8 years

Signed Fredrico Laurito (free transfer) for my AFC Wimbledon side. Scored 30-40 goals consistently and was the main reason for my three consecutive promotions.

Also signed Ciaran Clark (£4 mill) to QPR and he was really solid at centre back. Voted player of the year by the fans three seasons in a row.

Haven't had any "stand out signings" on FM13. All FM's together though, it was Leandro Damiao.

Wellington Nem. Has a Buyout Clause of £3.5million at the start and goes on to become one of the best and most valuable left wingers in the game.

I've just signed fierro on loan for the season in the second season in the championship with option to sign him at the end of the season for £2.5m.

I'm paying all his wages & £50k a month whilst he is on loan. However he hasn't found his feet yet. 5 games in, 1 goal.

Has to be Lacina Traore on a free transfer, sold him on to Real Madrid the next transfer window for £34 million!