1jakebrown

Reaction score
So what is your best transfer dealing on FM14?

Personally the two that spring to my mind on my current save as Liverpool are Tom Ince and Thibaut Courtois.

Ince, I picked up for a measly 800k at the end of the first season and have just sold him at the end of the third for 45M to City, who funnily enough didn?t even get into Europe this year. He had 3 very good seasons but was not first choice with Sterling, Gomez, Ayew and Ibe all playing better.

Courtois, was in the last year of his contract at Chelsea. I was not overly impressed with Mignolet, never very consistent. Managed to bring him in for 10M ? absolute bargain, considering as soon as I bought him his value was 26M.

Ryan Gauld. I just tried out a new tactic with Man Utd and it was failing hopelessly, I was only challenging for top 4 in the first season. In comes Gauld for 7 mil in January, and I went on to win the league, he was league top scorer in the end, at just 17 years old.

On the earlier patches, it was Tom Ince for me too as you could sign him for 3.9 million and receive 25% back. ( Liverpool obviously). I would always sell him in my third season for about 35-45 million depending upon how he would do.

Indridi Thorlaksson at KR on a free transfer (H).

I've brought in loads of amazing regens on free's but I won't include them as obviously they're not real players lol.

Steven Caulker ?1m second season because Cardiff got relegated!

ter Stegen for free to replace Szczensy who was sold for 20mil to Barcelona :)
Doria 7 million, got an offer of 40millon from Madrid!

James Rodriguez for 8.75 million pounds at the start of the 3rd season as Newcastle, was unstoppable at AML

Regen for free, sold him in january after he only played 6 league games for 20m

Just picked up Aguero from a struggling City for 26M, in 2016. 7 goals in 5 games including a hat trick against AC Milan in the Super Cup

Eder Alvarez Balanta for ?7Million, then got offered ?27M from Barcelona, eventually managed to squeeze ?46.4M upfront and ?20 over 18 months out of them. R. Madrid offered a similar amount but wanted to spread ?50M over 48 weeks with just ?7M upfront, I was hesitant about selling him to Barcelona because he was truly a beast (and probably worth more than what I sold him for)... But with that ?45M I turned Swansea into a regular 3rd place premier league team. I'm hopeful that PSG are about to make the swoop for my regen (DR, PA of 184, 19 years old and already a regular in my side). If they do maybe I will get a generous amount and finally get the striker I've needed for 7 years (Robin Van Persie came from United on a free transfer two years ago with the departure of Bony).

I frequently checking contracts that are expiring within 6 months. I decided to browse the US players. A striker had a value of 1M, so I decided to give him a look. 22-year old American striker with 3.5 or 4 star ability (can't remember off the top of my head), and a potential of 4.5 stars. I quickly signed him on a free and now he's my second best striker behind Barbosa (from Santos). His value now is over 8M or something like that. Definitely a steal if I may say. If anyone is interested in his attributes, I'll post a screen when I get home.

Just got James Rodriguez for 5 million pounds, his contract was expiring with Monaco.

Expiring contracts are the way to go.

Had decent successes with my Leverkusen bargain-bin hoarding shenanigans. A fair few of note (discounting the regens and the sales of the club's original players):

Fabio Daprela for €1M after got himself transfer-listed by Juventus. Gave him a contract as a backup player on a €55K p/m wage. Somehow transformed into a beastly CWB on my Leverkusen team. Immediately sold to Wolfsburg the next season for €13M with future clauses. Turned up **** over there, haha.

Marquinhos for €4.1M from PSG. Three solid seasons later, turned up as a world-class centre-back. Got an offer of €65M from City, Madrid and freaking PSG. Turned down the offer because imma keep him as my star complete defender (DC, DM, DR, Sweeper). Thankfully enough he didn't seem to mind either with our cheap as all **** wage structure lol.

Allan Nyom from Udinese. Tried to buy him for €4M, got rejected. I enquired again about one week later, and somehow they've decided that they're willing to sell him for free. Okay then, you got yourself a fair deal good sirs. He's been bullying the opposition's right flank ever since then. Feelsgoodman.

Vitinho snapped up for free (this guy is notorious really) after the first season. Signed on a one year contract of €60K p/m, then on a two year contract of €135K p/m the year after. Sold to Madrid on his second season for €28M.

Both Eduardo Salvio (€4M) and Nicolas Gaitan (€210K lolwut) from Benfica (somehow JJ hates proper wingers on my saves, and preferring to splash the cash on a truckload of mediocre Brazilian MCs).

So the transfer summary for my club season by season is like this:
1st season: €3.5M loss,
2nd season: €3.45M profit,
3rd season:€50.5M profit,
4th season: €75.5M profit,
first half of 5th season: €48M profit.

Not too shabby i guess.

Few seasons in saw Oscampos from Monaco was available on a free. Signed him up straight away as he has ridiculous attributes. He Didn't play a lot as I already had Mata, Januzaj, Quintero and James Rodriguez.

Played him around 9 times I think in a season then Monaco bought him back off me for 30 odd million!

Few seasons in saw Oscampos from Monaco was available on a free. Signed him up straight away as he has ridiculous attributes. He Didn't play a lot as I already had Mata, Januzaj, Quintero and James Rodriguez.

Played him around 9 times I think in a season then Monaco bought him back off me for 30 odd million!

matić...

Mauro Icardi - free from inter Milan sold after 1 season for 40 mil to ac Milan

I just got Courtois on a free transfer.

View attachment 338972

No idea why Chelsea would let this happen. They did offer him a contract which he turned down, but he is one of the best goalkeepers in the game so I'm surprised they didn't just give him the contract he wanted. It's not like they can't afford it.

Last edited: