Your Favourite Match in FM?

Jonny

Reaction score
My most favourite game was possibly when I beat Brazil in World Cup 2006 with measely Jamaica. Even though I failed to qualify from the Group Stage after ******* Italy conceded in the 82nd min against Angola, which left me 3rd, in front of Brazil. But at least I can go home from the WC 06 saying I beat Brazil! :D

The actual game for you all to see:

CLICK HERE!

Extract to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR NAME\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2006\matches

:D

My favourite match was probably winning the f.a cup with mediocre crew alexander.although i have no screenshots i beat liverpool 2-1 in the dying seconds thanks to a stunning strike from darren potter

Thats a good win against Brazil!

I think there has already been another thread like this...

Chelsea vs Man Utd 1-2

before the match, Chelsea 12 straight wins
Man Utd 11 wins and 1 draw

Man Utd 3 points behind, Chelsea

table.JPG

chelsea1-2manutd.JPG

ps: i add another manager to play Man Utd from the half way of the season because i feel so bored managing Hereford...

You know, for favorite matches in FM, these matchs are pretty non descript. I wiuold of expected sommat like a CL final, 2-0 down with 15 mins and you win 4-3 or something silly.

FOr me (on cm; ) ) I had areally good game where i beat chelski 2-3 and i must of had about 35 shots on goal with malcolm christie missing a healthy amounts open goals.

And another was when i was 5-0 up on aggregate against lok. moscow (me bein real) in the away tie i got cocky and played the reserves(they realy arent reserve,their bluddy awesome.) and i was 3-0 down at h.t., then 6-0 down with 10min to go. needed a last minute goal for me to get thru on away goals.

Murali said:
You know, for favorite matches in FM, these matchs are pretty non descript. I wiuold of expected sommat like a CL final, 2-0 down with 15 mins and you win 4-3 or something silly.

FOr me (on cm; ) ) I had areally good game where i beat chelski 2-3 and i must of had about 35 shots on goal with malcolm christie missing a healthy amounts open goals.

And another was when i was 5-0 up on aggregate against lok. moscow (me bein real) in the away tie i got cocky and played the reserves(they realy arent reserve,their bluddy awesome.) and i was 3-0 down at h.t., then 6-0 down with 10min to go. needed a last minute goal for me to get thru on away goals.

do ya get wrong thread?
that should be your worse match

Eh.

Best match has to be me beating arsenal 4-2 when I was in league one with Bristol City.

My best game was one with Arsenal when they was leading against my Man Utd on half time with 2-0 in FA Cup final... I won that with 5-3 ! HA ! :cool:

My best ever match is Liverpool (Me) vs Everton, in the carling cup second leg. I am trailing 4-2 on aggregate from the first leg at goodison and i already face and uphill struggle. Although i get absolutely owned in the first half i don't go in behind. Reina's beautiful saves keeping me in it. Josemi gives away a penalty, which Arteta scores and I am down after seven minutes. Even though Stevie G's passes are sometimes making there way to my strikers, they arent making it enough and when they do they are missing, a lot. So it is John Obi Mikel who pulls me level with his first ever Liverpool goal after 11 minutes and i think, well im in with a shout here. Then on 18 minutes disaster strkies, Cahill rises above the rest to power home a downward header and give Everton the lead again and their second away goal. On 25 minutes Djibril Cisse who scored 51 goals in that season hits the post with a header which he should have scored. On 38 minutes a delightful overhead through ball by Xabi Alonso finds Cisse, his pace beating the offside trap and he cooly lifts the ball over the keeper from the edge of the area, 2-2. So at half time its 6-4 on aggregate and i know i have to score 3 times to win it. At half time a poor Steven Gerrard is substituted in favour of Ruud Van Nistelrooy who hasn't had the best of seasons but gives a second striker to my team, who lets be honest, need it. But on 48 minutes my task becomes almost impossible, after Beattie nods the ball down to arteta he rifles it home from 25 yards and even Reina had no chance. Its now 4-7. On 54 minutes my substitute pays off, Van Nistelrooy whips in a delightful ball and Francisco Javier Yeste smacks it first time, from the edge of the area, into the top corner, and now we have a glimmer of hope again. 5-7. By now Everton are penned in and we have all of the pressure and the momentum, and sure enough on 61 minutes Xabi Alonso converts a Yeste cross to make it 4-3 on the day and 6-7 on aggregate. Then on 68 minutes the brilliant Van Nistelrooy is injured and on to replace him comes Luis Garcia. This knocks the team a bit and Everton get back into the game. But against the run of play on 83 minutes John Obi Mikel slides through Djibril Cisse for his 26th of the season, in mid January i might add :p, the comeback is comple, 5-3 on the day and 7-7 on aggregate. Just a couple of minutes later Luis Garcia has a free header that he should of scored, instead it goes wide. In the 93rd minute a goalward bound effort by Yeste is deflected round the post by Matteo Ferrari. So with that came the end of normal time, with away goals not counting until after extra time. Extra time was a nervy affair as it so often was, and within the first two minutes Hyypia had to clear off the line from a Duncan Ferguson header. Then another player gets injured, this time its John Arne Riise and he is replaced by Djimi Traore, and thats my 3 subs used now. In the 101st minute Djibril Cisse bursts through and bears down on goal, only to be polaxed by Per Kroldrup, Kroldrup walks and the game has yet another twist. The resulting freekick is suberbly saved by Martyn who keeps out Yeste. He then produces another fantasitic double save from firstly the perennial chance misser Luis Garcia and then John Obi Mikel. And that was half time in extra time. The ten men of Everton were stubborn in the second half of extra time and when Cisse of all people missed early on and the parried save fell to Garcia who once again missed a virtual open net, i thought i had blown it. Ferguson was still causing me problems but it was a half of little chances. We bombarded the Everton goal but to no avail, even in the 117th minute, when Reina came up for a corner. Penalties i thought, and dreaded it. I had another last chance though when Traore put a cross in, in the 120th minute and Kewell got there before the rest, only for Martyn to pull off another wonder save. In the end the game was decided by a mistake unfortunately, the impecable Arteta misplaced a pass in the 121st minute and it fell to the equally incredible Yeste who put his foot to good use and scored from 30 yards with immense power and swerve. "There's pandemonium in the stands, the fans chant Yeste's name", the commentator shouted. And so there should be i thought to myself, I have just taken 5 years off my life for this computer game :D. So it ended 6-3 on the day and 8-7 on aggregate, i hope you have enjoyed my story, I tried to make it as interesting as possible, but i think i had a little help from FM2006, what a game!!!!:p

O i forgot i dont know how to upload the game so if anyone wants to see it, they will have to let me know how to send it them lol. And my Liverpool team isnt that poor anymore i would like to add :p that was my first season.

i'll try and add a screenshot l8r bt i beat bayern 5-1 with hibs