Patrick123

Reaction score
I came to think of a situation I encountered while playing FM 2010; I started with Barnet and after several seasons I got promoted to the Premier League. A few years later they had become a regular team in the top 6. I got a bit bored and went to Juventus because the position was vacant. After about 3 seasons I kinda forgot about Barnet so i decided to check back on them. I was shocked to see that they were on 19th place in the Premier League and needed a small miracle to avoid relegation!

My pride and glory, reduced to ruin... **** you Roy Hodgson!

Has this ever happend to you? And in that case, who was to blame?

Your fault mate you didn't choose a successor/establish a youth base nah I'm jk but establishing future players and the reserves + the money situation leaving under control and choosing your staff wisely to agree with your notions should be good enough to leave the club without worry

Well, the situation in my club was as good as it could be. I blame this on Hogdson and him alone.

Opposite Mate....was Rangers for 3seasons only won the League 1 but the smaller trophie came my way lol...I concentrated on Europe more and after 3season of trying and getting no where I left because I felt it wasnt possible...got the Stoke Job and looked back to Rangers at the end of 4th season they won the Europa League with my team that I left :( ****** off = Yep lol x

Happened to me in both Benfica and Everton before. I have a ton of extremely good players and youngsters, I leave, new staff comes in and transfer lists half of the team, sells the best ones for peanuts (Diego sent to Everton's reserves, now isn't that peachy?) and they end up buying **** and doing poorly.

When leaving a club, I always check back to see how they are doing- Annoys me when they put good players in the reserve side!

For me it's the opposite. I mildly well with a club, I join another and then BAM, my old club are world beaters :S
Only instance where someone's ruined it was when I took Notts County from league 2 to the premiership in 3 consecutive seasons in fm 2010. In my first season in the premiership, I finished 10th, which I was really proud of. Liverpool had a manager vacancy so I took them over, and that season Notts County finished bottom with only 5 points for the whole season - one win and two draws :p

took over at derby as they were about to get relegated to league1. I got them back up to the championship finished midtable 13th and left for south africa. i looked back to see how they were doing two years later and they were near the bottom of league 1 *face palm*

Before the latest patch, I created a team. Had everything-youth network, youth academy and top training facilities. After 3 seasons, they were bankrupt, and in relegation battle in Championship. gutted.
So went back to them and sorted the mess out, and got them back to prem. Whole club was a helluva mess thanks to Michael Owen. Git

I managed West Brom to two 2nd places, one 1st place, 3 league cups and a champions league from 2036-38. I went to Italy in 2038-2040 because I wanted to try out national management and also West Brom had massive financial problems. The new manager came in and they finished 4th and then 1st but they have a squad of about 17 players and have been selling like mad. XD Won't be long before they get relegated.

Haven't played that long so that I can say that they were ruined, but when you manage any Croatian club besides Hajduk(me currently) or Dinamo, you can be 100% sure that they'll be ruined, selling their top players at that time for good money, than overspending on crappy players and bam... I'll be with Hajduk 1 more season(currently 8th, won the league, cup, super cup and futsal croatian cups every year cause it was easy, won 4th season Europa League, 6th and 7th Champions League and I'm on a killing streak for 3rd and final one), than I'll add a manager to Junak(my hometown club, used to be in 2.HNL, now in 1.HNL) retire with that one and take their post and see what I can do :D

i used to play with lower league team called ''TSK'', i won 3rd division and 2nd division in two seasons, and two times 3rd in first division, with no budget, and players bought on monthly installments. when i've already left, they soon returned to 3rd division... :(

i used to play with lower league team called ''TSK'', i won 3rd division and 2nd division in two seasons, and two times 3rd in first division, with no budget, and players bought on monthly installments. when i've already left, they soon returned to 3rd division... :(

well, you should have stayed there for a season or two and ensured the club's future :(

bit hard, low-reputation club, no income
Well, with your 1.HNL league re-design, if you had managed to get the league to be like 10th of all you'd get about 6-7 mil. (7th season, I got 12 mil cause I was winner, and Junak got 5 and they were 13th).

after 3 trophy littered seasons with chelsea i moved to real madrid. At chelsea i played 4-1-2-1-2. Splashed out £33mil on Pastore played amaizing in 1st season at club. Ancelotti took over and played a barca style 4-1-2-2-1 and put Pastore in reserves and offered him around for £18!!! needless to say they havent won anything since.