Reaction score
Hello, I got tired of managing the same old teams from England, Italy, Spain, Germany you name it, so I decided, what the **** I have never tried a file in Greece, and so far I have to say I am loving it, it has been 2 years in with Olympiakos, I have not looked back, first season we fought a very close title race with PAOK, in the end we lost out to them but it was still very early in the save and I would have a good chance to rebuild for 2014-15 and believe it or not a very close Champions League run aswell before losing to Arsenal in the Semi Finals though we beat Real Madrid and Schalke to get there so we did very well and of course the board were delighted as it was our best ever finish.

2nd season not quite as good on the european front, this time we got knocked out in a tough group with two heavyweights in Juventus and Bayern, and Legia Warsaw who also were surprisingly hard to beat at home for us, though we still made 3rd place and got through to the Europa League, we made it past sides like Galatasary and HSV before getting beaten in the semis by Liverpool, though I am really not too bothered about the Europa League so it didn't bother me that much that we didn't get a chance in winning it, then in the league I made sure we were better prepared in buying a lot of new players like, Stelios Vaseleiou, Rasmus Jonsson, Ulisses Davila and Bebe, also some young players like Siopis and Leandro came back to prove their worth, though a few of them didn't fit in, Vaseleiou (Greek Striker, largely unknown) and Bebe especially really enjoyed some great seasons, and Bebe was named player of the year for his great amount of goals, about 20+ in the end, same for Vaseleiou, and it definitely showed as we took the league by storm with some great defeats of our rivals including a double 4-1 and 3-1 away and home wins over last seasons rivals Paok, we really never looked like losing it, from about mid season on we always had a 9 point lead, and even though there was the odd time where it came down to 6 only we came through the finishing pole with enough points to win the league with 3 games remaining, we did get to the Greek cup final aswell but I lost it to a very strong defensive unit Veroia after opening the scoring they got two quick set piece goals and we could never break them down, plus we had lost a little form towards the end which is understandable.

Now Im strengthening for the new season, I sold Jonsson to Basel for 1.1 million, I only bought him for 800k anyway so I can't complain it didn't work out really, sold some other players like Scepovic to Plzen, Papazoglou to Cagliari, Olatain to Villa, Vlachomidos to Villareal, the only deal so far I have done is signed a guy called Gonzalo Bueno from Kuban, I love my bargains! But anyway even though we do have a nice transfer budget of 12 million, and a nice wage budget of 190k if it needs spending, I am really happy with my squad and can hopefully get some form of consistency going through the next few seasons now. We also have a really good youth system that can scout some great prospects aswell so I am always one for giving my youth a chance if it comes along, anyway thanks for reading, this is more than just to try and win the greek league and then get a move to a big club, I'd actually like to stay somewhere, help the youth come through and maybe improve the homegrown standard of the league a bit at the same time. I would recommend managing in Greece though obviously apart from Olympiakos I'm not really aware of too many teams that have that many funds available.

Yeah, I always play a save with OLYMPIACOS.

For FM14 I won the league each year and cup most years. I also won the Europa in my first season after finishing 3rd in my group (intentionally I may add cos I figured it would be impossible to go further than the CL semis at that whereas the Europa is far easier to win), went to the CL final in my second and won it in my third season. I then also won the Club World and went to the semis of the CL in my 4th and final season.

Dont remember who I bought as it was ages ago but it must have been people like Rescaldani.

Sorry for the double post but site not allowing me to edit. One tip: look for TAXIARHIS(SP) FOUNTAS (surname is correct). He starts at AEK and develops into a beast. He is Greek also.

I am from Greece and I support Olympiakos so I play a long save with my team in every manager I 've bought (this year started with A.C. Milan but in the end I could not resist!). Greek Superleague is quite easy and with the roster that Olympiakos or Paok have winning the tittle is like a walk in the park ! There are many good Greek players in the league and if you have Olympiakos you can create a very good team ! Look up for Stelios Kitsiou (wing back) , Elini Dimoutos (ball winning middlefielder) Sokratis Dioudis (goalkeeper) Triantafillopoulos from Panathinaikos (central defender) . There are also very good Greek players who play abroad and you could easy approach their team and getting them on loan . Kostas Fortounis (advanced playmaker) , Kostas Stafylidis (wing back left) and Panagiotis Tachtsidis (anchor man) should be your first choises. Also look up for Thanos Petsos (quite expensive though) and Marios Oikonomou (central defender).
Appart from the above Olympiakos have also many and good Greek players in its squad . Kostas Manolas, Charalambos lykogiannis, Andreas Samaris, Giannis Maniatis , Hose Cholebas are the best of them. The team also has good facilites and quite good regens pop up from time to time. Last but not least try and buy Apostolos Velios from Everton (amazing target man)
So far I am in year 2017 , managed to reach the quarter finals in champion's league in the year 2015 where I 've lost from City . I am winning the league since I 've started the save. Yesterday night I started the new season and I beat Benfica in Portugal for champion's league group stage day one.
If anyone is interest I could open a post with a 3-5-2 tactic that I use which I believe is 100% suitable for this team (you can start the game maintaning the roster without buying any player and have wonderful results!)