Your hardest challenge managing a club?, I've tried with Portsmouth

SeanLowrey11

Reaction score
What's the hardest challenge you've done so far and how far did you get?, I did a little bit of the season with Portsmouth and dam it was hard, I had a transfer embargo on the club so I couldn't buy anyone and no one wanted to come to me. I had no money and wages was awful, I did okay then got the sack.

What challenges have you done and have you survived?
What do team do you think will be hard to manage?

Never tried Portsmouth, but in my current game I saw how much of a disaster Portsmouth were towards the end of the season. Only had about 3 players over 21 in the entire squad, two of them were on £90 a week and the other on a non-contract. Needless to say, they finished bottom by quite some distance.

Don't think I've ever took over a challenging club to manage. Most of the clubs I've managed had a reasonable structure to them and had a decent-ish squad to work with.

Yeah seems about right you should try do a hard challege see how good you are. I've always wanted to win the champions league with a low team

Took FC United of Manchester up to Championship, was 2. in April before my save broke down. Now i play with San Marino, 6. season, won Serie A for the first time. Tried Portsmouth, after half season was 6., but didn't "feel" the save, so didn't continue with them. Sorry for bad english, not a natural speaker...

Pretty similar to a few of you guys. I'm using an English lower league database, trying to get my most local team Ardley United to at least professional status, currently in the Hellenic League, Level 9 of the English league pyramid. Right now I've got them up to Level 7 (Southern League Premier), and things are in place to hopefully challenge for a spot in the Blue Square South (or North, who knows when you have Oxford City playing in the BSN...). I've never got this far with a save before, or had this much success in the lower leagues.

Considering I pretty much built the squad and the backroom staff from scratch, I'm very pleased with what I've achieved so far. With my reputation slowly growing as I move up the ladder, I'm anticipating some offers from bigger clubs, and from a realism standpoint I will very much consider them. But if I can get Ardley into, or within touching distance of League 2, I'll consider that job done.

Im trying to dominate the world with Hungary

Honved to be exact, hopefully the new Puskas comes in the next few seasons!

Beat Liverpool though, that's the highlight so far, not holding much hope for the Europa group stages though :/

Pretty similar to a few of you guys. I'm using an English lower league database, trying to get my most local team Ardley United to at least professional status, currently in the Hellenic League, Level 9 of the English league pyramid. Right now I've got them up to Level 7 (Southern League Premier), and things are in place to hopefully challenge for a spot in the Blue Square South (or North, who knows when you have Oxford City playing in the BSN...). I've never got this far with a save before, or had this much success in the lower leagues.

Considering I pretty much built the squad and the backroom staff from scratch, I'm very pleased with what I've achieved so far. With my reputation slowly growing as I move up the ladder, I'm anticipating some offers from bigger clubs, and from a realism standpoint I will very much consider them. But if I can get Ardley into, or within touching distance of League 2, I'll consider that job done.

Ah some nice work by the sound of it mate, Keep it up. You'll eventually get them there. I've always wanted too win champions league with a low team or win the premier ship with a low team. I might do a new game tonight and manage a low teal in the low english leauge and try get them into a high divsion