TheHig

Reaction score
Hi

I'm starting my third season in Israel with Maccabi Haifia, off the back of my most successful season I won the Israeli Premier League and the Israeli State Cup.
Also had a decent run in the Europa League making the 1st Knockout Round.

In a board meeting I asked for a new contract, they agreed and offered me a 3 year deal for ?1,000 per week.
The same as my existing contract.

After bringing Haifia there most successful season overall they have ever had, I thought the board would offer me at least slight increase, when I tired to negotiate they would not even accept ?1,100.

I'll start season 3 with just 6 months left on my deal, I want to stay with the club but I will not on the same wage out of principal.

You would think there would be some effort to keep a manager who's deceived that success, I was only asking for ?100 more per week, the club are good financial position too, because of my actions to by selling expensive overpaid players and developing younger promising talent.

Is it because I'm in Israeli a predominantly Jewish country and the game has programmed in a common Jewish Stereotype ?

It does sound very jewish.

At the same time, it really doesn't matter what your contract is because what are YOU going to do with your in game manager dollars??? It's not like you can save up and buyout a club and act as chairman, or even inject funds to help pay for facilities upgrades or transfer budgets.

At the end of the day its pointless, so I always ask for LESS money on my contract (and a longer deal for security) so my club has less expenses and the money can go towards more important things.

It does sound very jewish.

At the same time, it really doesn't matter what your contract is because what are YOU going to do with your in game manager dollars??? It's not like you can save up and buyout a club and act as chairman, or even inject funds to help pay for facilities upgrades or transfer budgets.

I immerse myself into the game, so I will want a better deal.

Also the higher pay you are on for more expensive it is to sack you, you wont both a long contract and higher wage you can get.

At the end of the day its pointless, so I always ask for LESS money on my contract (and a longer deal for security) so my club has less expenses and the money can go towards more important things.

I mean, do you need the money to pay your Football Manager rent or your Football Manager car insurance or feed your Football Manager kids?

The higher your wage, the more security you have as it will cost the club a lot more to sack you if things go **** up.

The more your on the higher your rep also,top managers earn top money.

I dunno, I always negotiate raises with Liverpool. And now i'm getting paid 78,000 per week. At least in the upper tier of footballers. So I think it depends on your club. Sounds like your club is cheap and not very strong financially. On the other hand I've brought Liverpool to being the richest club in the world and two champions cup victories under my watch.