Boweringboy

Reaction score
Say Im offered a £500p/w deal and I knock it down to £100p/w before signing will it help with the clubs finances?

Say Im offered a £500p/w deal and I knock it down to £100p/w before signing will it help with the clubs finances?

The club are actually paying you money so yes, this will help finances. Killing all the realism in the process :p

The higher wages you have, the less chance that you will be sacked, as the board will have to pay you more compensation. Keep it realistic, and ask for a realistic amount of cash. On my latest Southampton contract, they offered me £4,000p/w, but I asked for £5,500p/w. They accepted, and I was happy knowing that the chance of being sacked had been decreased slightly! :)

The club are actually paying you money so yes, this will help finances. Killing all the realism in the process :p

Don't see how this is unrealistic. If a manager wants to take a pay cut to help with the clubs finances than good for him. I could certainly see this happening irl if there is a very noble manager out there

But my contract was only in the first season. I am only half way through Season 2, and have a play time of 4days 10hrs. Is that bad? :D

I'm on £5 a week on my bolton save and £55 a week on my northwich save

Don't see how this is unrealistic. If a manager wants to take a pay cut to help with the clubs finances than good for him. I could certainly see this happening irl if there is a very noble manager out there

An 80% wage cut is realistic? Plus, the thing here is that the board offer you a larger contract, but you demand lower wages.

Who would bargain down, how can this make any sense? The question being in terms of reality, of course. It makes a lot of sense in FM. :D

Anyways, I'm not saying it's wrong to do in the game or impossible in reality, just not at all likely to happen in reality, that's all...

on 2010 i was on £200,000 a week at arsenal. at that time didnt reallies it affected the finances but felt nice to be the most expensive person in football

I was on £600,000 a week in my FM10 Fulham save. I always wanted two-year contracts and every time upped my wage with about £50k, just wanted to see how far could I eventually get.

I was on £600,000 a week in my FM10 Fulham save. I always wanted two-year contracts and every time upped my wage with about £50k, just wanted to see how far could I eventually get.

.......and far how did you get?

I dont see why people take such massive wages for a manager, its not like it has any effect on you in the game (or does it?) Not like your going to go home to your family on the game and have to spend so much money at Tescos, I just take a low wage as helps finances towards other players and budget

I didnt realise that it did affect finances will put wages lower now
I always have 1 year contract
I'm a bit of a journeyman

I did this when birmingham offered me an 80k contract 2nd season having been on like 14k the first season. I renegotiated third season for 5 more years at 20k a week because it kept saying the club was in a bad position financially

I try and be a little bit realistic and bump my wages up at least a little bit usually by 500. Should cover indexation at least

I put my maxx wage at the same level of the maxx contract my key player has , if you try to keep wages low between players and coaches you should never get 33 % - 50 % more than them per year