Your one priority purchase in FM 2013

Newmanager

Reaction score
People like to throw out long lists of names for potential priority signings

But invariably FM doesn't work that way. We can't sign all these players - and may only get to land 1 or 2 in the first transfer window

So with that in mind...

... who is your top signing priority for FM 2013 (or who was, for those who have already started!). You can only pick one!

Regards

Good topic. It's easy to lose the excitement of that one major purchase with so many amazing deals and wonderkids flying around.

As Arsenal, there are a few areas that could use improvement. Do I listen to the over-reacting critics of Olivier Giroud and immediately buy another striker? Do I invest in some much-needed cover (or even improvement) at fullback?

Ultimately, I decided that, despite liking the players we have in midfield, I felt like we were one high-caliber signing short in that area. So, despite wanting to improve in several different areas, I threw 23 million pounds at my new marquee signing, Everton's Marouane Fellaini. He's a "top top quality player" (thanks, Arsene) who gives the side an imposing physical presence in the middle of the park, and I chose him over other midfield options (most notably Marek Hamsik, who made this decision very tough) thanks to his versatility. Fellaini is obviously superb defensively, but he's also more than capable supporting the team's forays forward, and thus he suited my needs better than anyone else.

Toni Kroos is that player for me. I mainly play with Dortmund so it's hard to get him, but he's brilliant in a 3 man midfield with Bender and Gündogan. He's also versatile and able to play as CM and AMCRL. No wonder he always seems to end up at Real Madrid or Barcelona when i don't buy him.

If I play as Dortmund then my main target will be lars bender simply because then I can say I have two benders in midfield :p

Wellington Nem - Valued around 10m, can sign for 3.5m due to release clause. Got a great potential.

Also, I always sign myself.. ;)

wxMoT.png

I am going to play as Man united,always my first save,so iam going to get sebastian schweinsteiger,will have to sell all the dead wood to get him.

Wellington Nem - Valued around 10m, can sign for 3.5m due to release clause. Got a great potential.

Also, I always sign myself.. ;)

wxMoT.png

Enough of the shameless plugs XD

Never. You wait until the 'Best player in the game - Duncan Greenwood' thread I have lined up.

Oh good god lol.

Though I do have to admit, look at those stats could be handy for when I start my lower league save proper later on. Though being in charge of Western Super Mare (starting off unemployed) I doubt the board will have the finances for a loan deal

on a serious note, I always start with United and I will be looking for a creative DLP (similar to Carrick) and an enforcer type CM like Fletcher (I assume his stats are pretty nerfed after his layoff)

then I will look at a quality RB to replace the ever red carded Rafael!

1) Jao Moutinho - Fc Porto (hoping he still has his £27m release clause)
2) Lars Bender - Dortmund (usually available for around £8.5m)
3) Sebastian Corchia - Souchaux (my favourite RB in the game, quite expensive though)

Oh good god lol.

Though I do have to admit, look at those stats could be handy for when I start my lower league save proper later on. Though being in charge of Western Super Mare (starting off unemployed) I doubt the board will have the finances for a loan deal

The attributes are always random, but I will always have that height so I should make a decent lower league target man! ;)

It's always random. Going to keep reloading until I have 200 PA.

hahahahha :) heres hoping :) you can then upload the save for Fm-base then we can all get a chance to rape you in training

Also, Drenthe and Alex (Ex-Fenerbahce) are both great free transfers I normally look to bring in.

Or the Julio Cruz and Hernan Crespo partnership you can create as they are both of frees.

I would also so,as much as buying new players is always fun,i do enjoy shipping out half the United deadwood team,ie Nani

Since I will be starting as West Brom my chief targets will have to be a cheap loanee keeper(martinez from arsenal) so i can sell myhill can cut the wage bill. A centre back or LB so I can cut Tamas(possibly move Ridgewell to centre back) so maybe another loan there. Then another dmc as ill be playing 2 and need cover. Guido Pizzaro probably. May need a new striker as well. Odemwingie to be sold and lukaku to be cut cuz his wages are ridiculous. Hopefully Quintero will be available on the cheap again :p So depending on how the squad actually looks when the game comes out one of these positions will be a priority :p

I started with rangers so the priority was primarily getting in bodies ahead of the transfer ban. I appointed a DOF who identified a few for me and got my main targets in. Ended up with 5 players. Michael Salgado signed in deadline day and got a few other decent youngsters!