Your team's, team of the season

Reaction score
I want all you guys to deceide what your team's(Man United,Liverpool,etc..) team of the season has been. Im hoping it might spark up some debate

View attachment 56304

GK- Van Der Dar
RB- Neville
CB-Vidic
CB-Ferdinand
LB-Evra

CM- Fletcher
CM- Scholes
CM- Carrick

AMR-Valencia
AML- Giggs
ST- Rooney
Van Der Sar- Has proved yet again this season he is a fantastic keeper. Although he may not have had as many clean sheets as last year, he proved he can still cut it at the top level

Neville- I know, I thought Gary was way passesd it this year, bit after Christmas he has played some very good football

Vidic- Like VDS has not been as good this season, proven by the lack of consistency and he has scored a lot less goals from corners..etc. But again, he would have to be in my team

Ferdinand- Although he is getting old, Rio is one of the most technically gifted defenders around. Capello has shown great faith in him by giving him the captaincy for the WC.

Evra- One of the best full backs in the world. Another consistent season from the little French man, great going forward and an decent defender

Fletcher- The second best player for United this season, never fails to perform. Has been called upon to fill a huge role for United, both defending and attacking. One of the most unasuming and underrated players around.

Scholes- Basically one of the best passing midfielders in the game. Although he may have had a shocker against Fulham, his goal against Wolves was worth its weight in gold.

Carrick- I still am a big fan of Carrick. His passing ability cannot be doubted, but he may be a bit slow on the ball. Average this season, not great, but not terrible

Valencia- Another consistent performer, has had quite a decent debut season for United. rarely fails to get the ball in the box, and has assisted many goals this season. Finishing could improve

Giggs- Age is just a number. Chosen because I trust that he will do the job. His performance against City in September was exceptional, 4 assists.

Rooney- What can I say? 34 goals so far this season for arguably the EPL's best striker. Has really come into his own since Ronaldo left. Legend

That's it anyway, let me hear yours​

Reina
Johnson
Carragher
Kyrgiakos
Insua
Mascherano
Lucas
Kuyt
Gerrard
Babel
Torres

Given
Onouha
Lescott
Toure
Zabaleta
De Jong
Barry
A Johnson
Bellamy
Adebayor
Tevez

Given- Best keeper in the league
Onouha- Much better than the options we have been linked with, easily our most consistent player
Toure- Has been criticised alot but i really like him and he is one of the best defenders in the league
Lescott- A solid defender, wins everything in the air
Zabaleta- His poor disicpline is annoying but he puts a good effort in and is a good crosser
De Jong- does the dirty work with minimal fuss or moaning, a very ferocious tackler and a good lay off passer of the ball
Barry- Is called over rated but has been very good for us this year, his passing is phenomenal and hes always supporting attacks
A Johnson- Absolutely class, this boy has tormented people like John Terry this season!! an amazing step up from the championship, one for the future
Bellamy- Gotta love him, he must he horrible to play against, hes quick, rude and just annoying in general, but he and a few other players have catapulted us into 4th
Adebayor- a much better striker than he gets credit for, one of the coolest finishers ive ever seen, hes been through alot in the last year, but he still is scoring goals
Tevez- 28 goals, what can i say, absolutely amazing player, man utd have missed him so much, he does everything for us, works hard, tracks back, basically what you need

Manager- Mancini- An excellent manager, he gets the tactics spot on every game, i find italian football boring but he seems to do something with it to make it very exciting to watch

GK: Howard - Great shot-stopper as usual, can't complain, need's to cut out a couple of mistakes from his game to become top class though.

RB: Heitinga - Could have played him in a number of positions but is by far our most gifted RB has done brilliantly to come in from La Liga and play so well. Rock in defence and midfield. Top season.

LB: Baines - Hands down. Had an iffy start to the season as did the whole team but has come into his own again and fully deserved his England call up. One of the best attacking full backs in the Prem.

CB: Jagielka - Only been back a few weeks but can already see what we've been missing all season, his performances at 80% fitness warrant him a place in my team.

CB: Distin - Done OK for us, filled the hole with Jags injured and done alright. No better than that though.

DM: Fellaini - Top notch before he got injured (another!), starting to really find his feet in the premiership and running the midfield with Arteta out. Great prospect for the future.

CM: Arteta - Played no more than a dozen games this season but was sensational from the minute he stepped back onto the football pitch and showed the whole world why it is an outrage that he has never been capped for Spain. WORLD CLASS.

CM: Cahill - Not my favourite Everton player as he can be a bit one-dimensional, however he has stepped it up for us this season when we needed him, and I was pleased with how he held the ball up when he was made to play up front.

RM: Donovan - Huge shame he was only around for a couple of months because he set the Premier League alight with his pace and brilliant awareness. Would love to see him back at some point.

LM: Pienaar - My player of the season without a doubt, couldn't wish for a harder working, more agile, skillful player. Attracting attention of teams like Chelsea which I can't say I'm surprised about but he is a little gem of a player.

ST: Saha - FInally got some games together! And boy has it paid off, scored some cracking goals and in numbers! Has the ability to be as good as anyone on his day and with maybe a more flattering partner could be 25+ next season.

Looking at that team there if everyone had been fit, for the majority of the season I would not have put it past us being right up there 4th even 3rd.

Mannone - Shows how bad we've been.

Sagna - Although very closely pushed by Eboue, Bacary edges with it. great crosses, and tough tackling are this man's specialality.

Clichy - Started off shaky, but has come into some late season form.

Vermaelen - Wow, when we bought him, I had no idea how much of a monster this guy is. Scores goals for fun too. One of Wenger's best ever buys.

Gallas - Very Underrated, never gets any mention, but is a very good defender, pops up with crucial goals too.

Song - Has made such a step up. Looked to be progressing nowhere, to turn into this tough tackling, driving, Viera - esque style player, and has learnt how to pass. Is probably our most important player.

Fabregas -The little spainard has had his best season, scoring goals for fun, assisting too. I don't think much is needed here.

Denilson - I think he is one of the most underrated players in the League. He is turning into my favourite player. He is super consistent, and rarely every gives the ball away, keeps us ticking. Plays it simple, and is just what you need alongside Fabregas.

Eboue - This guy has turned it all around since being boo-ed off. He is transformed into a good little player, who is also very versatile.

Arshavin - A lot was expected of my favourite Arsenal player, and he hasn't really lived up to it. Injuries just as he picks up form don't help, but nonetheless, can always pop up with magic.

Bendtner/Van Persie - This one is very hard, which is why I'll put them both. Nicklas has been on tremendous form and is so unfairly critisiced. 9 goals in his last 11 games, and 3 of them coming in the last 5 minutes of games, shows he is a dangerous player.

What can I say about the mercurial Dutchman? Quite simply, an animal. Injury has recked his last 3 campaigns, yet he keeps coming back stronger, had he been fit, who knows the outcome. He is our Drogba, Rooney, Torres, all rolled into one. Our best player.

I'll do my Hayes one later.

Last edited:

Gomes
Corluka Dawson King Bale
Lennon Palacios Huddlestone Modric
Defoe Pavlyuchenko

I was torn between Pavlyuchenko and Crouch for that second spot alongside Defoe. Also, I feel bad for leaving out BAE, but Bale has been brilliant since making his return.

Newcastle United

Harper
Simpson Coloccini Williamson Enrique
Routledge Nolan Guthrie Jonas
Carroll Lovenkrands

Petr Cech
Branislav Invanovic Alex John Terry Ashley Cole
Michael Ballack Obi Mikel Frank Lampard Florent Malouda
Nicolas Anelka Didier Drogba

The reason why ballack is in right mid is because i feel this season we aint had a consistent performer in that position

Manchester United

Van der Sar
Rafael-Ferdinand-Vidic-Evra
-------Carrick-------
Fletcher----Anderson
Nani---------------------Valencia
Rooney

Van der Sar - Was out injured at the start of the season and we've been missing him.Hasn't had the best of form since coming back.

Rafael - Attacking fullback that has been tipped for for superstardom in the future.Wish he was there for us as the rightback position for us has been a weak spot.

Vidic - Rock at the back for us and really is a star player.Him with Ferdinand last season made the best defensive pair in the Premier League.Now,it's only him.

Ferdinand - Ravaged with injury,it's hard for me to see him as an in-form defender for us.He hasn't had the best of seasons for us this time and hopefully he will the next.

Evra - One of the best leftbacks in the world,Evra is an integral part to the squad and has been for the past three seasons in the United backline.Has done well this season to be an attacking fullback.

Carrick - Not been on form this season and is starting to show why he doesn't fit into our team.Plays best as a deep lying playmaker,behind Fletcher and co. but we need an anchor man instead of a playmaker to strengthen the midfield.Has scored random goals in which have proved to be vital,but it would be better if we had an strong ball-winning defensive midfielder instead and probably sell him off to another team to make some profit.

Fletcher - Has revelled in the box-to-box kind of role that he had been given in the opening days of the season and is now an integral part to the midfield.Paired with Carrick,Anderson or Scholes,Darren has really shone for s in being a first-teamer at Old Trafford.

Anderson - People say he is a flop signing but he is still young and learning in one of the world's toughest football leagues.Given time,he should turn into a much talented midfielder with a lot of pace and aggression that will do good for us and have some big clubs knocking on our door *coughs* Real Madrid *coughs*

Nani - People thought he was on the way out at the start of the season and was recently on form for us,particularly with that performance against Arsenal.He has now proven that he is worthy enough to wear the Manchester United shirt but hasn't been that consistent this season.Looking to more from him soon.

Valencia - Been a great choice for the right wing role and is a great partner to Nani who plays down the opposite.Signing him from Wigan for £16million sounded at first like a joke because of the high price tag but he is starting to prove the doubters wrong with his lighting-quick pace and ability to dazzle fullbacks who try to mark him tightly.

Rooney - Has obviously shone since stepping out of the shadows of Ronaldo and has now become the leading goalscorer at the club.Since that knock he picked up against Bayern in the Champions League,he hasn't been the same for us and now I think we're relying on him a bit too much and need a new striker instead of Berbatov to assist him upfront and create a deadly partnership, i.e. David Villa.We have the money to.

THE DEFINITION OF A ONE-MAN TEAM: MANCHESTER UNITED
AND PROUD.

Gomes
Corluka - Dawson - King - Bale
Lennon - Palacios - Huddlestone - Modric
Defoe - Pavlyuchenko

Petr Cech - Still a excellent keeper even though his proberly had the worst injury a keeper could sustian.

Branislav Ivanovic- Many fan were worried when bosingwa got injured but brana is a absolute mountain at the back good in the air and got a great physique. Also my player of the season.

Ashley Cole - Easily Englands best left back and arguably the worlds.

John Terry - Even though his had his off field problems JT is still one of the best centre backs and leaders in world football.

Alex - Gets the vote just ahead of riccy c because i love his no noncense defending a mountain in the air.

Michael Essien - Yes he has been injured most of this season but chelsea are a much much better side with him in the team.

Frank Lampard - anouther 20+goals this season enough said.

Joe Cole - Has been quite sharp since his long lay off and looks to be getting better every week. he gives us something different with his direct running towards opponents. Plus scored a cracker against utd.

Florent Malouda - Arguably our player of the season, had been deadly the last 4 odd months and finaly looks to have settled at chelsea.

Nicolas Anelka - Looks like he actually enjoys playing his football at Chelsea and has got a new side to his gave as he not only loves to score goals but loves to make them.

Didier Drogba - A absolute tank of a striker and whatever bad is said about him you just cant deny his talent and on his day is the most unplayable striker in the world.

Well it's pretty easy chosing the Villa team, as we have only used 11 players :(

GK - Friedel
DR - Cuellar
DL - Warnock
DC - Dunne
DC - Collins
MR - Downing
ML - Young
MC - Milner
MC - Petrov
ST - Agbonlahor
ST - Carew

So pretty much our starting 11 for 99% of our games.

West Brom:

GK: Scott Carson - He has really improved these last few games and at times has made important saves.

RB: Steven Reid - Has been solid since arriving on loan from Blackburn.

CB: Gabriel Tamas - My defender of the season, he has been great since coming on loan from Auxerre.

CB: Jonas Olsson - A man mountain and defensive rock.

LB: Marek Cech - He's played in the Champions League with Porto so he shines for WBA.

RM: Robert Koren - I've got to give it to Koren for some stunning goals and great performances after breaking back into the team following the fall out with the gaffer.

CM: Gonzalo Jara - A brilliant player with excellent skill who I can't wait to return from his broken foot.

CM: Graham Dorrans - An absolutely fantastic player who I can't believe has been sold to a much bigger Premier League team - our star of the season, who I think could cut it in the Top 6 in the next year or two.

LM: Jerome Thomas - A great player on his day, has had some brilliant games, but was unsure to replace him with Giles Barnes, Morrison or Chris Brunt due to his loss of form following a small injury, yet Barnes, Mozza and Brunt play more on the Right.

ST: Simon *** - Works his **** off every game, grafts a heck of alot, scores some great goals and can slot into attacking midfielder and play some good passes.

ST: Roman Bednar - Hardworking, dominant in the air and whil;e he dosen't have alot of pace, he scores some good goals and has a much better attitude than Ishmael Miller or Luke Moore.

Given
Richards--Toure--Kompany--Lescott
Viera--De Jong
------
Tevez--Johnson/Barry--Bellamy
Adebayor

That was so much harder than I thought.​

The Mighty Hastings United FC

Greg Nessling
Josh Jirbandey Sean Ray Nathan Russell Jimmy Elford
Harry Pell Tyrone Sterling Matt McLean Liam Upton
Ade Olorunda Sam Adams

Welcome to Non League football lads!​

Van der Sar
Rafael-Vidic-Ferdinand-Evra
Valencia-Fletcher-Scholes-Nani
Park
Rooney

Portsmouth

Begovic

Finnan - Kaboul - Ben Haim/Wilson- Hreidarsson

Wilson

O'Hara - Brown

Boateng

Piquionne - Dindane

I liked this formation when we played it, it gave Boateng more opportunity in front of goal and poor players like Dindane seemed to score more. Although the 4-4-2 seems to benefit Piquionne more, but I really liked this line up.

The ones in bold are the players I've really liked this season, and who have given a lot of effort when they've played. Boateng ditched us for a while but you gotta love his enthusiasm when he scores, still a **** though.​

Harper

Simpson
Coloccini
Taylor
José Enrique
Gutierrez
Smith
Nolan
Raylor
Ameobi
Carroll

Adam Federici