Youth academy challenge & questions

dgoacher

Reaction score
Hi, I'm managing as my local side Guiseley in the Conference North and I'm doing the Youth academy challenge using only players that come through my youth intake.

1) I've moved the few youth players into my 1st team, made them available for U18 games, so they are training and in the mentoring groups. I did this as I have a few better coaches in my 1st team and currently only 1 coach for the U18s who is also HOYD. When I get my first youth intake I'll sign those deemed suitable any players not ready for the first team will be kept in the U18s though, unless I'm wrong to do so?

2) I've eventually got the board to increase junior coaching and youth recruitment. We will no way have the cash to invest in facilities unfortunately.

3) I've got U18 coach who is HOYD but with no youth players being coached in the U18s, how important is it for me to get U18 Manager, U18 *** Man etc because they will be extra cost until my youth intake come in and they're not training any youth technically? - By not having U18 Man & *** Man, does it effect quality of my youth intake?

Anything else for me to consider?

The Youth academy challenge is a very slow process, especially in the Conference North. If you need to cover the costs of U18 Manager's etc, play some big friendlies to boost your income.

As far as I'm aware, not having a U18 Manger won't affect your intake. But at your level, youth intake will just be a lottery until you build up some real good facilities.

Just try and keep on top of having the best coaching. Short contracts and continue to replace them as you go up the leagues.