daveyid89

Reaction score
Hi there,

Has anyone come across this before? My youth candidates are for the most part greyed out. See the attached image. This is what my youth candidates squad looks like on March 27th when I get them. This is the first season this has happened (I am in March 2020)

View attachment 315994

I have reloaded older saves and on the 27th of March, I get a new batch of 5 players I can offer contracts to, and the rest are greyed out.

I have added other managers to other teams and the same thing happened their youth candidates. I have went on holiday for 12 months to see if it as a once off, but the same happens the next season.

I started a new game to test it and got a full batch of youth candidates in March as normal so it seems to be something to do with the save file I have.

Any one see it before? Anyone find a way to fix it? I sent the file to SI guys in their bugs forum, but do they usually fix buggy save files? I wouldn't mind but Im athletic, so my youths are kind of crucial for that save file.

Yes, my mistake, as far as I recall I can offer them contracts. But regardless if being able to offer them contracts the issue is that they are greyed out in the first place. They should not be. This is the first instance in which they have been ever greyed out and it means that I cannot see any star rating, etc.

The greyed out players in this instance are also terrible. Much worse than my normal youth candidates. They appear to be randomly generated to make up the a numbers for the squad (much in the same way you get a crappy greyed out GK if you have none). So these greyed out players seem to be taking the place of my actual youth candidates.

Yes, my mistake, as far as I recall I can offer them contracts. But regardless if being able to offer them contracts the issue is that they are greyed out in the first place. They should not be. This is the first instance in which they have been ever greyed out and it means that I cannot see any star rating, etc.

The greyed out players in this instance are also terrible. Much worse than my normal youth candidates. They appear to be randomly generated to make up the a numbers for the squad (much in the same way you get a crappy greyed out GK if you have none). So these greyed out players seem to be taking the place of my actual youth candidates.
yeah i know what you mean, it has happened to me before, quite frustrating in my opinion especially if you like to work with youth and rely on youth intakes. Really needs to be looked at