youth contract limit

rudeboy454

Reaction score
I've seen some similar questions, but nothing exactly like this:

A slew of my under 18/reserve contracts expire in six months. Some players I want to keep are requesting very reasonable wages similar to what they currently earn (like 2-3 thousand per week), but the board won't allow anything over the ridiculously small (and insulting) 250 pounds/week.

No, this is not a budget issue (I have plenty of extra wage flex.).

Intuitively, I thought maybe if I change their status to "hot prospect" the board would allow me to meet the players' reasonable demands. No dice. Threads here dealing with a similar issue re: established players offered the same basic intuition: set the established player to "key player". Is that really it? I just have to set them to "key" even though they've not even cracked the first team?? (Seems setting them to "hot prospect" _should_ accomplish the same for youth/reserves, but whatever...). Will setting a youngster to "key" have any negative side effects, like them demanding more than 2K/week or wanting first team action?

Many thanks!

yes it will, if not played, they will become restless and moody...

not sure what the problem is, changing their status' should allow you to offer more wages...

you can always set them as Key (to allow for their demands) then after 3 or 4 weeks you can manually change their status, this does upset the players 85% of the time, but they get over it very quickly :)

I hope that answers your questions...

Have you tried asking the board for more wages?