XbeastMx

Reaction score
So,

I recruited three youth players with great potential.
They are all 16 years old.

How do most of you do this, should they stay in the U18 squad or move them to first team with available for reserves option. They would get playing time in the first team, maybe 18-20 matches this season.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I have heard that they train better with the senior squad no matter what.
If they are god enough for the first team or reserves then it is reccomeneded to put them there as it is a higher standard of footbal i guess.

If your team is in the champions league, then your reserves/u19s will be in the u19 champions league. Manage the team in thisand play those players. I usually put players of great promise in the u18s with availability for reserves too, making sure i manage them in the u29s champions league.

League cup, FA cup against much weaker opposition, seats on the bench for the league, appearances from the bench in the league and then full first team starts in the league is the process i look to get my players progressing through.

Reward their good performances in reserve games and particularly u19 champs league game with appearances for the first team in the league.

There isn't really a set number of games that they should be playing, but generally by the time they are 17-19 you should be looking to find a regular spot (25+ games) in the first team for them. If you can't, use the loan system to get them a full season of football.

try listing them for loan and shipping them out for a season. when i play the game i play it to develop young players and not buy big name signings so kinda follow Arsene Wengers style of management. I find the best thing to do is expose them to small ammounts of first team football like when your 3 - 0 up or something bring them on. but sending them out on loan really works wonders

They can get decent playing time in the first team since I loaned out a player and sold two players, all midfielders.

its important not to expose young players too much as sometimes it can stall their development in the long term