Billy Bryant

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I noticed a problem where as an example last year (first regen intakes) I got 5 youth from mexico in my game, the next year I got none. Both years I got no russia. Usually I get a few brazilian but not many, Englands usually fine (since it's the nation I have loaded) but a lot of places just seem to produce hardly anyone.

Is this normal? I'm playing with just the premiership loaded on small, and I seem to get the same results with view-only leagues loaded so is it a case of you need to load more leagues?

Yes, when you load the league, the clubs in that league become "active" and have youth intakes.

Countries that produce the best regens include:
Brazil
Argentina
Mexico
Germany
France
Croatia
Spain
England
Holland
Ivory Coast

Load up the leagues of these countries and you'll have access to their youth intakes.

Every country has youth intake no matter if you load them up or not. BUT if you do load them in you will have a larger intake every year.

Little sidenote: It can happen that one year you will get some great mexican regens and next year none. e.g. In my save I had these 2 great regens in Denmark and a few lesser ones. Next year I had nothing just a small bunch of bad ones. So yeah keep in mind youth intake is kind of random and it can happen that one year you have nothing and the next year you do get something again.

Also keep in mind that good regens are rare, as Messi and Ronaldo are only 2 in 10 or 20 years.

Getting one or 2 with PA above 185 is very good.

Is this also why sometimes when youth come through, they are already on non-youth contracts. In england they always seem to be available for approach to buy, but with other nations it's a 50-50 at times.

Is this also why sometimes when youth come through, they are already on non-youth contracts. In england they always seem to be available for approach to buy, but with other nations it's a 50-50 at times.

No, that's just down to the speed at which you get to the player. If you look at all players at the very beginning of intake day, they will all be unsigned youth. As the day goes by, more and more of the good-great ones will be signed up by their parent team.

No, that's just down to the speed at which you get to the player. If you look at all players at the very beginning of intake day, they will all be unsigned youth. As the day goes by, more and more of the good-great ones will be signed up by their parent team.

I have notes on the intake days, is their a way to set it up so that I can check youth out earlier in the day? I always check as soon as I can :S usually people at FC Bayern are already signed up and the top spanish clubs.