Status
Not open for further replies.

eLmaestr0

Reaction score
So it was youth intake time. Totally forgot about it actually due to preparing for a second leg at the Nou Camp in the Champions League and I get greated by this.
View attachment 253205

Awesome. So i've at least got one future star on my hands. I've invested a ton in youth facilities and good coaches, figuring i'd rather work on the youth side like most people do rather than dropping 40m on Neymar or whatever. Last few years i've had 5 decent/good english regens - 3 star potential, with one messi-esque guy who i'll post at the end. Anyway, I decided to check out the potential of my new ''star'' and the rest of the team, as you do naturally. And..

View attachment 253206

What. The. ****? I have never seen that kind of youth intake since...well, ever. I didn't even think it was possible. On my last save at Spurs 2025 winning everything every-year as you do i'd get a occasional 3-4 star regen..Bare in mind i'm at that stage with Charlton where even world class potential is rated at 4 stars (maybe a bug, haven't seen 5 stars since my first couple seasons in the prem)

Anyone else ever seen anything like this?

Here is the best guy out of my academy from the past few years. Have some 3 star regens out on loan.

View attachment 253207

Lucky you. I'm managing United, completed two seasons so far. Both intakes have been fairly poor and the highest rated guy I had was potentially a 4 star DM. He broke his leg in the trial match, I signed him anyway and now that he's fit; his potential is around 2.5 stars :S. I'm hoping the next intake will be third time lucky.

I've had a few long term saves with bigger teams with state of the art facilities and such where i've got absolutely nothing, 2 star max rated in like 10 seasons. As Charlton either they're the English La Masia with Barca like youth or i've been so lucky.

I had that with Fierro though on this save. Damaged Cruiate for 9 months then another injury, went from 4 star to 2, but up to 3 now =] Had Bale on my Spurs save out for almost 2 seasons back to back and he went from the best LB in the world to not having one stat above 14 at 28 years old. I was gutted =/

Last edited:
These rating are from your *** man so does he have the abilities to judge the potential of players ?

When I first went into my current club, they had 2 complete studs that I immediately moved up to first team and have been stars for me for years. Ever since then, the well has been almost completely dry. I so desperately want at least one slightly worthwhile GK but I have only gotten half star losers for 4 years running. My facilities suck but my youth coaches are amazing. So I go and take other team's good young players.

I've had a few long term saves with bigger teams with state of the art facilities and such where i've got absolutely nothing
g.gif

This isn't unusual. I had two amazing youth intakes on the trot with Man Utd in 2014 and 2015.

2014 i got one 4.5 star player, two 4 star players and two 3.5 star players. In 2015 i got three 4 star players and one 5 star player. In the 5 seasons since then the best i've had is a solitary 3.5 star left back. Remember these players are being rated by the best coaches in the world and are being compared against a man utd squad that won 2 trebles in a row. The pictures are somewhere in the show off your regen thread, which btw, you should be using.

Long story short. Enjoy these youth players, you probably wont get a good youth intake for a while now, it always seems to happen in cycles.

Use this thread in future: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot.../83178-show-off-your-regen-newgen-thread.html

Status
Not open for further replies.