willmolly3

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Is there anything you can do to improve your chance of getting a decent Youth intake? I am half way through my 4th Season with Leeds who are renownd for their youth programme and bringing through youngsters in to the first team. So far the best rated prospect has been half a Star! This really gets me down as I am constantly hunting for forign youth players when I would prefer to build within!

TIA

better staff, better facilities, dont use the star rating to gauge (its naff), get some feeder clubs with decent range/facilities

Thanks wkdsoul. I have upgraded facilities to best I can. Feeder club would help hey? Overseas or UK based? I do have better staff this year as well. Does the Head of Youth Development post have any impact if hes not the greatest?

Your head of youth should be the main guy. Make sure you choose him to handle the intake in your staff responsibilities, and that he has a good judging potential stat, so he therefore select the best regens from the intake for your team. Phil Cannon is the guy I use.

Better staff: not just stats but personality is important!

Hi Guys,

Is there anything you can do to improve your chance of getting a decent Youth intake? I am half way through my 4th Season with Leeds who are renownd for their youth programme and bringing through youngsters in to the first team. So far the best rated prospect has been half a Star! This really gets me down as I am constantly hunting for forign youth players when I would prefer to build within!

TIA

I've had similar luck on my Leeds save. Although i'm only coming to the end of my first season, best prospect had about 2 star potential. I'll see how he turns out. Sitting in 2nd place in the Championship right now, so I might not be able to get him much game time.

As a PS...how's Mirko Antenucci doing for you? Won't stop scoring on my save.

I am currently manager at Guiseley and i have had a 4 and 4.5 gold star potenial but only .5 or 1.0 starting ability

I've had similar luck on my Leeds save. Although i'm only coming to the end of my first season, best prospect had about 2 star potential. I'll see how he turns out. Sitting in 2nd place in the Championship right now, so I might not be able to get him much game time.

As a PS...how's Mirko Antenucci doing for you? Won't stop scoring on my save.

Mirko Finished as top scorer in First season with 34 Goals and we finished as Champions. Beast for Championship. Bought Zivkovic in first season in prem who took his place.

Your head of youth should be the main guy. Make sure you choose him to handle the intake in your staff responsibilities, and that he has a good judging potential stat, so he therefore select the best regens from the intake for your team. Phil Cannon is the guy I use.

I have just adjusted Staff Responsibilites so hopefully better luck this year. Just won the Prem in 4th Season in charge. This is the best start to an FM I have had in years. Usually give up with Leeds after a couple of seasons and give Everton a go.

heres my question...

If i say put a Canadian in a lowest England league you can play in

hamiltonfctest2_zps8f2db719.jpg

if the Nation is set for england, based nation is Canada, Continentual Cup Nation is england but the city is Hamilton, Ontario Canada... Would the youth intake be from England or from Canada.

heres my question...

If i say put a Canadian in a lowest England league you can play in

hamiltonfctest2_zps8f2db719.jpg

if the Nation is set for england, based nation is Canada, Continentual Cup Nation is england but the city is Hamilton, Ontario Canada... Would the youth intake be from England or from Canada.

Should be mainly canada i believe but will also depend on your staff.

Would it be the England youth intake date or the usa? Because there's no canada league