azleyrulz

Reaction score
is there a reason why my youth intake is so poor? im manchester united and coming into my 5th season and off the top of my head i can think of 2 decent youngsters that have come through where as chelsea man city get 2 or 3 worldies a season i have the best youth intake available

You can improve your youth intakes by better junior coaching, youth network, facilities, quality staff and club reputation

How are you judging your youth intake? Not by the star rating I hope.

maybe they got better youth coaches and head of youth development? or are you sure they are **** the youth intake?

no i dont pay much attention to star ratings a feel they can be misleading just stats wise dont get me wrong iv probably had more than 2 good youngsters come through thats just off the top off my head but i feel city and chelsea get alot better youngsters through judging by their stats at an early age

i just repeat my youth intake day until i get a decent player. unless some other team gets a decent player too then i dont repeat as it would be unfair. btw what has club reputation got to do with youth intake, maybe thats why i keep getting **** ***** year in year out.

Why should you not judge your intake on their star rating?

I know about the variable factors of the star rating system, but still it makes a pretty good indicator of the quality of your intake? Or am I wrong here?

Why should you not judge your intake on their star rating?

I know about the variable factors of the star rating system, but still it makes a pretty good indicator of the quality of your intake? Or am I wrong here?

I have had a regen with PA of 187 and he was only rated 2* PA.

It all depends on your current set of first team players

I have had a regen with PA of 187 and he was only rated 2* PA.

It all depends on your current set of first team players

Yeah, you are right. Plus I have an assumption that it takes some time for your assistant to make a proper rating. Also there are lot of other factors to consider than your first team players.
But still I find that the first rating of my intake seems to be pretty accurate.

I made the same point awhile back, for instance on every save I ever play, Arsenal normally have England's next No.1 Goalkeeper and his is normally mint, Chelsea always seem to produce the best Midfielders and Man Utd always produce the best forwards in England. However if I am in control of one of these teams, its a very different story.
I always make sure my youth facilities are the best possible, my youth category is at its best and I always add the best staff possible.. I think when it comes down to it, it is complete luck of the draw and eventually you will get an absolute worldie, you just have to wait!

I try and judge on stats, scouts assessment of potential (the text at least).

So does this mean you sign pretty much all of your youth intake?

I've found youth intakes vary from year to year in a rough 5 yearly cycle, employing better youth coaches, scouts with good PA spotting ability and lucky will give a much better return. However, you can always sign up one or two of the lesser talents and see how they develop you can always sell them on if they don't work out for you.

Also do not forget Affiliated clubs are very important! I'm Liverpool and I've had two Worldies from Brondby on my save, that came through in my intake. Also for staff, make sure you have some youth coaches with excellent mental/hidden stats, as these affect the youth players personality, and not just focus on a five star training rating. It will normally say on your youth players favored personnel which staff members have influenced him.

Also appoint a great Head of Youth development, and have him handle your intake in staff responsibilities. A stat i think is often overlooked, is to appoint a HoY that prefers the same or a similar formation to your own. This means you'll bring players through in a variety of positions, and in ones you want. E.g. if you play 4-4-2, and your HoY prefers a formation with an AM, could get annoying if you keep getting AM's.