StevenM

Reaction score
I've been trying to improve my youth intake for a while, all training facilities have been upgraded all the way, so has junior coaching and youth recruitment

Had stuck with the same HOYD for a few years but was only getting 2-2 & 1/2 stars, I switched HOYD for someone I thought was better and although in the first season I did get 1 3 star all the players either had injury problems or weren't consistent (they had enjoyed or relished big matches and were consistent performers with no injury problems under the last HOYD), second year had the same problems but only 1 2 star and the rest under it.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

My HOYD has only 2/3 adapted to the county from what I can see so hopefully it picks up after that but if anyone has any advice it would be appreciated

I do go by stats most of the time but these players are barely even worth working with, must be something on my end I can do to improve the intake

if your first team is made of world class superstars, your youth players will be rated and compared to those senior players, so your 2.5 stars youngsters could still be potential leading players for your division, despite being rated lower than your world class players.

HOYD

View attachment 174889

So who would you say is better here? Hale is my current one but not got much in the way of any good players since he got here, just recently fully adapated to Scotland just after the last intake though.
Biggest problem is inconsistent and injury problems from some or most of the players he brings through.

Good attributes on him but the other guy is the first I've ever seen whos iron willed which I can only assume may be worth as much or even more than the stats Hale has that are slightly better?

View attachment 1026161

So who would you say is better here? Hale is my current one but not got much in the way of any good players since he got here, just recently fully adapated to Scotland just after the last intake though.
Biggest problem is inconsistent and injury problems from some or most of the players he brings through.

Good attributes on him but the other guy is the first I've ever seen whos iron willed which I can only assume may be worth as much or even more than the stats Hale has that are slightly better?

Hale, Higher Motivation, Determination and Discipline

There is world class players in my team and I know the others will have lower ratings because of that but with Scotland I have pretty much been stumbling my way to semi finals and 3rd/4th place play offs with the national team and the national team pretty much relies on me to bring the players through at Celtic, the best of my players for them are heading towards late 20's early 30's so I'm hoping to bring in a few good youth players and win something before they retire from international football, hopefully even add to it and improve the team through my youth intakes and win more

There is world class players in my team and I know the others will have lower ratings because of that but with Scotland I have pretty much been stumbling my way to semi finals and 3rd/4th place play offs with the national team and the national team pretty much relies on me to bring the players through at Celtic, the best of my players for them are heading towards late 20's early 30's so I'm hoping to bring in a few good youth players and win something before they retire from international football, hopefully even add to it and improve the team through my youth intakes and win more

HOYD doesn't really make much difference in quality of youth intake. League reputation, club reputation, youth recruitment and junior coaching are much more important. So if you haven't already, try to max out facilities and improve your club's reputation (esp winning continental competitions). That stuff is much more important than HOYD to improve youth intake.

HOYD doesn't really make much difference in quality of youth intake. League reputation, club reputation, youth recruitment and junior coaching are much more important. So if you haven't already, try to max out facilities and improve your club's reputation (esp winning continental competitions). That stuff is much more important than HOYD to improve youth intake.

I've been doing the rest, the only problem I see is the HOYD

Won ECC 2 of the last 4 year, runner up in the other 2, won super cup and club championship both times I've been in it, top goal scorer and best players in european competitions and europe overall most of the last 5-6 years, even had a Scotland player who is a real life Celtic youth player 3rd place in Europe and the World before the last intake
Clubs reputations 4 and 1/2 star has been for a while although it says its improving regularly, just expanded to a 75,000 stadium been pulling in 70-72,000 per pre season game and the leagues 6th in Europe (Aberdeen have been reachnig later stages of EC and the likes of Hearts have been beating some German, Italian and Dutch teams in group/qualifying stages) and our league gets our second ECC automatic group place this year so Aberdeens in with me

Scotlands been sitting 4th-7th in the rankings for the last few years and like I said doing well in competitions

Edit:
All facilities, coaches, recruitment etc is top I do have a couple of 4 and a half star sections in training and my youth facilites did drop at the end of the season (couple of months after last intake) but the boards already upgrading it back to top

Last edited:
I've been doing the rest, the only problem I see is the HOYD

Won ECC 2 of the last 4 year, runner up in the other 2, won super cup and club championship both times I've been in it, top goal scorer and best players in european competitions and europe overall most of the last 5-6 years, even had a Scotland player who is a real life Celtic youth player 3rd place in Europe and the World before the last intake
Clubs reputations 4 and 1/2 star has been for a while although it says its improving regularly, just expanded to a 75,000 stadium been pulling in 70-72,000 per pre season game and the leagues 6th in Europe (Aberdeen have been reachnig later stages of EC and the likes of Hearts have been beating some German, Italian and Dutch teams in group/qualifying stages) and our league gets our second ECC automatic group place this year so Aberdeens in with me

Scotlands been sitting 4th-7th in the rankings for the last few years and like I said doing well in competitions

Edit:
All facilities, coaches, recruitment etc is top I do have a couple of 4 and a half star sections in training and my youth facilites did drop at the end of the season (couple of months after last intake) but the boards already upgrading it back to top

then you've done all the right things, and btw your HOYD (both) look more than adequate.

at some point you need to accept that a scottish club simply won't produce potential world class players every year ;)

then you've done all the right things, and btw your HOYD (both) look more than adequate.

at some point you need to accept that a scottish club simply won't produce potential world class players every year ;)

One every now and then would be nice, or even a few decent players who can be back up to the first team so my team can still do half decent when my first 11 tires towards the end of international tournemants

I am working in Iceland right now and in like 15 years I got 2 studs. One is only 21 and the other is 18. Shows how great Iceland is...