BradP

Reaction score
I'vee been a dedicated LLM for years now as for what ever reason much prefer it to managing a high flying club.

One thing which i have always wondered is wether its possible to have any success with youth in the lower league? normally i manage in the BSP and all the youth players ive had have been poor to say the least.

Has anyone had any succes with a small club producing good young players? Anyone had any incredible regens?

It is pretty unlikely that a small club will be able to move forward on its own youth products. Poorer facilities and requirement networks don't really help. I would not bother too much with youth or coaching in general in LLM as you should be replacing lots of players each season to continue to get promoted.

hmmm my thoughts exactly, iv always employed the usual tatic of constantly turning over old players who have dropped from grace each season.

If you dont at least try to keep some continuity from year to year (ie. keeping a core group for at least 2-3 yrs at a time) isnt it tough to grow rep and attendance etc?

If you dont at least try to keep some continuity from year to year (ie. keeping a core group for at least 2-3 yrs at a time) isnt it tough to grow rep and attendance etc?
AFAIK, they have anything to do with one another. As long as you are being successful (being promoted/doing well in cups), the crowds will come and your rep will improve.

I'm trying to see how far I can get relying on youth. So I started tying my main players and the better ones of the youth team to full time contracts. Signed as many coaches as I can to train my players a lot of lower league teams have youth academies so I asked for my youth training to be made better and the board are doing not signed a single player yet near end of first season 1st place with Blyth Spartans.

And yes I have a few players I have brought into my First Team as I believe this helps there progress