melia24

Reaction score
Hello all

I have been playing Football Manager for a couple of years now developing my own decent formation and tactics as such, but I don't seem to develop enough youth.

In Football Manager 2012 I generally start the game with a Premier League club and work my way up with the youth system. I downloaded a training schedule from MiNiMaL Fuss and tend to opt to buy a few hot prospects per season as that's what I am hoping to do successfully so I'm not wasting money and getting into debt.

The problem is that a player with decent stats doesn't seem to develop the way I hoped. I don't know enough about the training or developing youth to become a master at it, although I have read some very in depth articles about it, but still don't really understand some parts of it. I'm not a 24 hour Football Manager fan so that's to be expected. I would just like to know how I develop youth players correctly.

I have players that can become quality players going off the coach reports and checking the stats for the position they are in, yet they don't tend to improve. I do individual focus, put them on the downloaded training schedule and I do offer them a tutor but I don't see any dramatic improvements. I try to loan them out but nobody wants them so I have to play them occasionally in the first team, but I don't want to rush 17 year olds into the first team as I heard injury setbacks could take their toll on the players.

I just don't know what to do :/. They don't improve whatever I seem to do. If you look at the list of youth from an all clubs perspective they seem to get their stats upto 20, and that player then becomes world-class, a quality player or a good player. If I work on their technical stats by individual training focus how can I get their mental attributes up? Saying that the technical stats don't always have a good knock on effect either. So is there any advice you can give me directly? As reading reports just don't seem to work for me.

You seem to be doing everything right dude, could be that the training schedule you use isn't all that good :S
5 stars for all the coaches training area's is a great help, and good facilities too, but I'd guess you'd have them if your in the prem
Maybe you're just unlucky lol

As above, your doing everything right in regards to keeping yourself a contender, saving money and spending only on a few and buying what you need along with the cream of the crop, but I would consider changing your squad approach to match that of Wenger... it works wonders for me... I first read it somewhere before and it fully explained his methods, even down to when to loan and when to sell talent and how to make money on players and build a dynasty.... Read this by kino4city

Well, first of all, you should make individuals training schedules, so you can focus in hes strenghts and weekness. After that you need to take a look at hes personality, the players that develop that fastest are the ones with high professionalism.
Players dont develop too fast until hes 18, and if hes below that he can still be in s18 team. After that you need to give him the max minutes in field you can.
Young players have some difficulty for developing their mental stats, but for having better results you have to set Tactics training to intensive. Or for example, a AMC, wich in my opinion NEED to have good mental stats, i tend to develop them at a older age, 22-24. Here some examples of newgens that i developed. Sorry for the english, hope it helps

View attachment 256988View attachment 256989