I do a lot of LLMing, so I always tend to get older players with the experience on short contracts - 1 year usually, maybe two as they only have a good season in them usually. Bring in the odd youth player to get them experience, but usually never play as well as the oldies.

a bit of both. my average squad age is 23. I have some older players as well as has been said, they are the best free agents most of the time

Youth, though I have on occasion bought a load of old timers into a club for one last hurrah!

A bit of both as you need the older players for tutors. But I do like a relatively young squad.

when at a small club or a poor club, old.

If money wasn't a factor, young.

mostly young but with 5 or 6 quality "oldies" in their prime.

If I am managing a big club I usually go for player's younger than 25 but if I am a Lower League Club then I go for whoever's free :)

Both, young players to develop and old players to tutor the young ones.

A combination of the two.

I tend to lean towards youth players (under-24s, anyway) but I try and ensure I have at least 2 players who can offer experience and hopefully captain the side.
pretty much with billy on this one, like to have an experienced spine

depends really if iv just got promoted then il go for mainly experience and a few youth but other wise youth.

The average age of my squads is always around 21/22