Status
Not open for further replies.

bokin1

Reaction score
Hi!

I've been playing FM since the 2003-2004 edition. I have made great teams out of several clubs with no reputation without much trouble. But that's not the point. I've always wanted to have a team made up of the club's youth players, but I have had only one good youth player who made it into my first eleven, and won awards for top goalscorer and young player of the season. But that was in Ferencvaros, I mean, it doesn't take much to play in a Hungarian club, does it?

So I want to know what I am doing wrong.
I am now at Red Star, Serbia, I've had State of the Art youth, and top training facilities for 3 out of 5 seasons of my time here, but I haven't gotten anything out of it.
I play my top juniors in league matches regularly, so they have at least 10-15 apps out of the possible 30. I've had 15 year-olds in my starting eleven on countless occasions.
My first-team players train heavily, the youth have a medium, almost heavy workload.

The one thing I really hate about FM 2011 is signing coaches.Even though I've made it into the Champions League every time I tried, and failed to progress to the knockout phase only once, I still can't sign any higher-reputation coaches.

Any advice?

Try moulding the youth players into specific roles like, Advanced Playmaker or Poacher and etc. Get good young coaches in and as they age they will become better coaches therefore saving you money and they will improve as your players improve and use the older players whom are 30 or older into coaches as they have knowledge about the club and know the players as well.

I think that this thread will help you in developing your youth. It was stickied to help people understand the ropes in this game of getting the best of your players.

Also, this thread would come in handy. Read them and they should help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.