andy57

Reaction score
Despite having everything in place for developing my own youth players, not 1 of the players in my youth teams has more than 2 stars for potential. Put simply, they are pants and I wouldn't have them on the bench in a league 2 game never mind on the bench for a premier league game.

All my scouts have scouting ability/potential of 18+
My coaches are top notch
My training facilities are state of the art
Top youth facilities
Youth level 1
Good junior coaching
Extensive youth recruitment.

I have tried sending them out on loan to get regular football, nothing seems to work.

Is it a bug?

The stars rating system is wank! If you have a good 1st team say like Ronaldo, Messi, Busquets etc. Your youth will get judged against them players, hence the low star rating. I usually just look at the attributes.

Even their attributes are pants lol. Im not expecting a messi type player every year, but maybe a player who I can see potential in pushing for senior squad.

Even their attributes are pants lol. Im not expecting a messi type player every year, but maybe a player who I can see potential in pushing for senior squad.
OH right. Was just basically a tip to ignore the star rating :)

Never look for star rating. Always look for "Has The Potential to be a world class striker" For example in his scout report.

You will get a clearer picture of whether a youth prospect can make it from their scout reports. Don't forget stat increases can be slower for some players, you are best to keep hold of them until they are approx. 23-24 as then you should get a clearer picture of if they can make it. Yes it's a pain keeping them that long but better that than losing a potential star on the cheap.

Get more foreign affiliates, you would get the finest players then from those places..
Also, get the best HOYD for your team- that to helps..

All my scouts have scouting ability/potential of 18+
My coaches are top notch
My training facilities are state of the art
Top youth facilities
Youth level 1
Good junior coaching
Extensive youth recruitment.

I have tried sending them out on loan to get regular football, nothing seems to work.

Is it a bug?

junior coaching and youth recruitment is what makes your youth intakes PA and CA.
raise those 2 and after time you'll get better newgens.