Youth Players Rating changes in FM15

Psychotic17

Reaction score
SPOILERS!

What do you think about the changes in regen players' abilities by country? Here's a list of major countries and comparison of their Youth Ratings from FM14 and FM15.

It seems they nerfed South America powerhouses like Argentina and Brazil while adding some extra power to Asia (Jordan, Iraq, South Korea...) As far as I'm concerned, these are welcome changes.

Here are the first 24 nations by Youth Rating in 2015 (changes of over 15 in bold):

[TABLE="width: 500"]
[TR]
[TD]Country[/TD]
[TD]2015 Youth Rating[/TD]
[TD]2014 YR (change)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Brazil
[/TD]
[TD]163
[/TD]
[TD]185 (-22)
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Germany[/TD]
[TD]155[/TD]
[TD]160 (-5)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Russia[/TD]
[TD]148[/TD]
[TD]148 (no change)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Spain[/TD]
[TD]145[/TD]
[TD]152 (-7)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Italy[/TD]
[TD]144[/TD]
[TD]144 (no change)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Argentina
[/TD]
[TD]140
[/TD]
[TD]159 (-19)
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]France[/TD]
[TD]140[/TD]
[TD]151 (-11)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Egypt[/TD]
[TD]138[/TD]
[TD]138 (no change)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Turkey[/TD]
[TD]124[/TD]
[TD]124 (no change)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Holland[/TD]
[TD]122[/TD]
[TD]122 (no change)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]England[/TD]
[TD]120[/TD]
[TD]130 (-10)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Mexico
[/TD]
[TD]120
[/TD]
[TD]153 (-33)
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Nigeria
[/TD]
[TD]120
[/TD]
[TD]135 (-15)
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Colombia[/TD]
[TD]117[/TD]
[TD]117 (no change)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Portugal[/TD]
[TD]114[/TD]
[TD]114 (no change)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Japan[/TD]
[TD]112[/TD]
[TD]114 (-2)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Belgium
[/TD]
[TD]110
[/TD]
[TD]80 (+30)
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]USA
[/TD]
[TD]110
[/TD]
[TD]132 (-22)
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]South Korea[/TD]
[TD]110[/TD]
[TD]99 (+11)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Jordan
[/TD]
[TD]107
[/TD]
[TD]50 (+57)
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Iraq
[/TD]
[TD]106
[/TD]
[TD]76 (+30)
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Iran[/TD]
[TD]105[/TD]
[TD]105 (no change)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Ivory Coast[/TD]
[TD]105[/TD]
[TD]105 (no change)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Algeria[/TD]
[TD]102[/TD]
[TD]102 (no change)[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Last edited:
Iceland with only 67 should have much higher youth rating...

Jordan, Iraq and Iran having higher is just nonsense..

Last edited:
Ive added it in spoilers for people who dont want this ruined.

There are some odd thats there though...

What do those ratings indicate btw? Potential Ability? Or CA?

I would like to have an option that randomize youth ratings every year. There may be a year that iceland have provided more outstanding youths than anyone else (very unlikely but I'd like to have this as a possibility)

Ive added it in spoilers for people who dont want this ruined.

There are some odd thats there though...

Thanks, I didn't know I could do that here.

What do those ratings indicate btw? Potential Ability? Or CA?

It affects the potential ability of randomly generated youth players. The higher the score, the higher the probability of clubs in a nation generating star players. Of course it also depends on the number of players generated - that depends on population and how popular football is over there.

I would like to have an option that randomize youth ratings every year. There may be a year that iceland have provided more outstanding youths than anyone else (very unlikely but I'd like to have this as a possibility)

Good point. Some major nations (Germany, Brazil, Spain, France, etc) could maybe be given more of a chance to have a good producing year than other nations but smaller nations could have the occasional good year to produce good players.

what if you went in to the editor and changed each countries rating to 0?

Would it randomise it like it does to other stats that are set to 0? Or am I completely wrong lol!

what if you went in to the editor and changed each countries rating to 0?

Would it randomise it like it does to other stats that are set to 0? Or am I completely wrong lol!

also, where is this option in the editor? I'd like to make a few changes.

Iceland aside, what about Norway, Sweden, Australia etc. All have better histories of producing top flight players than the likes of Jordan, Iran and Iraq. I'm sure even Scotland produce more.

Iceland aside, what about Norway, Sweden, Australia etc. All have better histories of producing top flight players than the likes of Jordan, Iran and Iraq. I'm sure even Scotland produce more.

Iran shouldn't be grouped with Iraq and Jordan. They have always been producing some good youth players. Today Jahanbakhsh is one of the 100 best talents in the world, Sardar Azmoun from Rubin Kazan, Ezzatollahi from Atletico Madrid Youth team...

Iran shouldn't be grouped with Iraq and Jordan. They have always been producing some good youth players. Today Jahanbakhsh is one of the 100 best talents in the world, Sardar Azmoun from Rubin Kazan, Ezzatollahi from Atletico Madrid Youth team...

Ok fair play, good youth players yes, but better than the likes of Norway and Sweden etc? I am not so sure.

Ok fair play, good youth players yes, but better than the likes of Norway and Sweden etc? I am not so sure.

As a Norwegian, who the **** have we produced the past 10 years? Ødegaard? The kid is 15, he might not even make the transition from prospect to actual talent.

As a Norwegian, who the **** have we produced the past 10 years? Ødegaard? The kid is 15, he might not even make the transition from prospect to actual talent.

Morten Gamst Pedersen. The best left foot to ever grace the Premier League. Joshua King, the fastest man on the planet. (Yes I am a Blackburn Rovers fan)

Morten Gamst Pedersen. The best left foot to ever grace the Premier League. Joshua King, the fastest man on the planet. (Yes I am a Blackburn Rovers fan)

Gamst has never been a very popular man in Norway (except in Tromsø), at least not for the national team. Decent at set pieces, but never had much else going for him. Joshua King, well... what is he now, 22? Doesn't look like he has improved at all the past 2-3 years.

Youth rating make no sense to me.

How is Holland (look at the quality of players they produce and the whole league is pretty set up to develop them) lower than Egypt and Russia? (I know Russia are good, but THAT good?!)

Don't get me started on those Middle Eastern countries...

First thing I change in the editor is Youth Ratings

Brazil had 185 last year?
No wonder the game in 2020 seems to be flooded with ridiculous Brazilian regens...

Gamst has never been a very popular man in Norway (except in Tromsø), at least not for the national team. Decent at set pieces, but never had much else going for him. Joshua King, well... what is he now, 22? Doesn't look like he has improved at all the past 2-3 years.

I was being slightly sarcastic re Peds and King. Hojbjerg? He's a big talent, no? I'm just saying, some of the talents in Iran are still relatively unproven, yet the likes of Iraq and Jordan being above some of the Scandi countries just seems a bit daft to me.

I was being slightly sarcastic re Peds and King. Hojbjerg? He's a big talent, no? I'm just saying, some of the talents in Iran are still relatively unproven, yet the likes of Iraq and Jordan being above some of the Scandi countries just seems a bit daft to me.

Højbjerg is Danish.

I agree that the likes of Jordan and Iraq are rated too highly, but I don't necessarily agree that Norway should be rated higher than them.

Back