Youth Players Rating changes in FM15

Højbjerg is Danish.

I agree that the likes of Jordan and Iraq are rated too highly, but I don't necessarily agree that Norway should be rated higher than them.

Sorry, I'm half asleep today! :( Yeah fair enough.

How in the world countries that produce the best players in the past decade aren't in the top 20 by a correct order?

Brazil, Argentina, France, Brazil, Spain and Holland should be the top.

Who was the top players that Italy gave to the world? Balotelli? And Russian? Tell me one Russian that competes to the top 50 world best players!

Egypt? Turkey? What appeared in the Top European teams in the last decade that deserve to be in the top 10 of youth intake?

Japan is best that Belgium?

Im not gonna talk about my country, Portugal, as only Ronaldo can be considered a top player, but if you go to the youth teams of Liverpool, City or Barca, there's one portuguese there, but no Mexican.... i wonder why...

Ok fair play, good youth players yes, but better than the likes of Norway and Sweden etc? I am not so sure.

If I would give my own unbiased opinion I would say that Sweden should be ranked in front of Iran, but Norway Im not sure. I think they should be rated as good as Iran at best. But Iraq and Jordan being that highly rated is obviously nonsense, they have never proven themselves in any serious competition, Norway should be obviously in front of them.

If I would give my own unbiased opinion I would say that Sweden should be ranked in front of Iran, but Norway Im not sure. I think they should be rated as good as Iran at best. But Iraq and Jordan being that highly rated is obviously nonsense, they have never proven themselves in any serious competition, Norway should be obviously in front of them.

Middle-Eastern countries are clearly in the good books of those at SI head office. Very FIFA. Anyone got Michael Garcia's number? :P

Thanks, I didn't know I could do that here.

It affects the potential ability of randomly generated youth players. The higher the score, the higher the probability of clubs in a nation generating star players. Of course it also depends on the number of players generated - that depends on population and how popular football is over there.

Wait. I thought youth rating meant that it is the probability of regens of that nationality , regardless what country they are playing in. What you just said was that it is the Clubs of that nation, regardless of the nationality of the regen.

For example, Germany is one of the highest rating. That means, german nationality regens are more likely to have a star potential. But, he very well could be a german regen with a BPL team. Of course most regens are of the nationality that their club is in. But there are always 1 or 2 who are from a different country.

Middle-Eastern countries are clearly in the good books of those at SI head office. Very FIFA. Anyone got Michael Garcia's number? :P

Tell me about it... :D Money buys everything these days unfortunately, when you see that it can buy you a World Cup you can expect these kinds of things.

I thought the youth ratings impacted the probabilities of regens having certain PAs? Youth setups in the various teams will be more important, and the mentalities (professionalism, adaptability, ambition) a determining factor in how likely players would be to make it to realise their PA and be stars for that nation. Iraq's mentalities are pretty awful, while Norway's are decent. So Norway will see more international class players over time.

Last edited:
I thought the youth ratings impacted the probabilities of regens having certain PAs? Youth setups in the various teams will be more important, and the mentalities (professionalism, adaptability, ambition) a determining factor in how likely players would be to make it to realise their PA and be stars for that nation. Iraq's mentalities are pretty awful, while Norway's are decent. So Norway will see more international class players over time.

It does. No one in here is saying id doesn't. Youth ratings determines the PA for players of that specific country. It increases the probability of a regen with that nationality to have a 4-5 star PA. And less likely as the rating gets lower, but still have the ability to produce a word class star.

Do you mean for example that even though Iraq or Jordan have better youth rating than Norway, Norway will produce a superior number of decent players? If yes then that's great

Essentially yes. The youth rating will speak to whether the potential player will have a high PA, but the systems of the clubs will dictate whether the players created will have reasonable CAs as 15 or 16 year olds. Then the mentalities will speak to whether they reach their potential. Holland and England might both have a mediocre 120ish youth rating, but their clubs have such good youth recruitment, they'll pump out a bunch of great players. Iraq and Jordan have clubs that don't have good systems, so there will be very few stars. Norway's clubs might have okay youth systems, but should bring through enough decent players to be as good as they currently are.

They way to boost the youth crop in a country is to have the clubs invest in their academies. When I do my Scottish games, I manage two or three clubs, boosting their recruitment if the chairmen let me. I then watch the national under-19 team improve soon enough. The national team is another matter, but one or two often get through. That can make all the difference between watching the world cup on TV, and competing.

Where are Croatia and Serbia???
They produce a lot of good talents and should have a bigger than Egypt, USA, Jordan, Iraq, Iran and Algeria.
They should have the same ratings (or a bit lower) as Turkey and Russia in my opinion.

Back