Youth Players Squad? u18 or Reserve? And loan vs Reserves?

craiigman

Reaction score
Where is best to put my youth prospects? The ones who are either too young for a loan or not good enough to be put into the first team. So at Arsenal I've got Gnabry, Akpom and Bellerin in my youth team. Will they develop better in the u18 squad or should I put them into the reserves squad?

Or even leave them in u18 but make them available for reserve games for like 45 minutes or something?

I don't think any of those 3 actually become anything worth keeping on the game, but would be nice to get the most of them so they can join decent teams later on.

Another question, should I keep my 20-21 year olds who won't be good enough for the first team, in the reserves, or look to loan them out? Usually I just loan them all out, but then I end up with no one in the reserves so the u18's are forced to play and my reserve team are usually near the bottom.

Should I just keep them in the reserves and then let their contracts run out or what is the best option?

I normally put all the 'Wonderkids' or better u18's into the reserve team as they can cope at a slightly higher level with more experienced players. And the better reserves I loan out, those who could become decent. That leaves the **** reserves in the reserves team along with the better u18s and all the **** u18s in the u18s team. :)

I let all my youth intake players have a year in u18s with 45mins reserves and then move the better one into reserves for a year and look to make them into first team or on loan the year after this tends to keep all squads balanced and by age 21 i look to either sell the player with future clauses such as 10% profit or the player is part of my first team squad! Hope this helps ask me any questions you have :)