Wolves are unrealalisticly good in my save, they are like 2nd in the 4th season and have a bunch of great youngsters..ive bought two of them already but they have others which are out of my price range...

That's not unrealistic, they were up there before and that can happen in real life.

I have a few regens who have come through my ranks at West Ham who are decent but we've produced one player who I think has tremendous potential. Definately the best regen ive had come through the ranks

View attachment 19190

What do you guys think?

Slightly outrageous stats for a 16 year old. Put him in your first team subs and make him available for the reserves, put him on in some games for 15-25 minutes towards the end, and I think he'll be very good. What's your assistant's view on him??

Yeah it said when I got the fresh batch. My assistant highlighted him as "one of the most gifted players to come through the ranks in years" or something along those lines lol. He's been carrying my under 18 team and has been showing he's far too good for that

I can't loan him out until he is 17 though. He is my assistants report on him:

View attachment 19192

Yeah it said when I got the fresh batch. My assistant highlighted him as "one of the most gifted players to come through the ranks in years" or something along those lines lol. He's been carrying my under 18 team and has been showing he's far too good for that

I can't loan him out until he is 17 though. He is my assistants report on him:

View attachment 19192

where would you see his future position. if he was with my team I would groom him to be central defence, ala ferdinand a cultured ball playing defender
what do you think

Let's be honest, what are the chances of finding a wonderkid? You get a lot of good players from your youth side 5 or so years into the game but you are very lucky for a really gifted player. Scouting is a huge part of the game and you should spend a lot of time looking at foreign clubs trying to poach the best youngsters, you can't rely on your own youth for everything..

where would you see his future position. if he was with my team I would groom him to be central defence, ala ferdinand a cultured ball playing defender
what do you think

I was thinking about that but his marking is too poor its a shame because his tackle is great. But i think a DM is most suited probably as a deep lying playmaker.

I was thinking about that but his marking is too poor its a shame because his tackle is great. But i think a DM is most suited probably as a deep lying playmaker.

yes this is true, although maybe you could try him as a sweeper, because his attributes are halfway between defence and midfield. maybe test it out in youth or reserve games

I am Chelsea in 3rd season. I improved youth set up immediately and hired back room staff with high attributes for Working with Youngsters & Judging Potential and I appear to have 2 Wonderkids in my ranks. 1 each season long may it continue.
But previous years no never had a class regen
****** need them too as Chelsea have no money after Season 1 & loads of wages and debt to pay!!!

As you mention in there backroom staff.
are they just coaches in general or youth coaches or scouts?

i find you can get some good players come through but unless you have top youth setup and around 10 good youth coachs you wont get many good players, im at leeds im only 2nd season but theres a player (regen) in my youth setup who could be a good prem player hes only 15 at this moment so im gonna keep him in the youth play him once or twice in pre season then when he turns 17 loan him out for a season then maybe ill start using him, players hardly ever develop under me lol i have TT 2010 and most of my training areas are 4 stars 1 or 2 are 5 stars but i also have 1 or 2 3 stars and i have top facilities in both areas lol, the most i ever had a player develop on my was in FM09 when i signed bradley wright phillips my assistant said he was a 3 star but i had him playing upfront in the champ and he scored 20 goals a season and my assistant then said he was a 4 star player lol,

back on subject i know this might sound strange by my scouts norm find "wonder kids" in the youth setup of lower league clubs, after around 3 or 4 seasons somtimes i find that the england under 19 players are mostly from league 2 or BSP clubs and most of them have the PA to be prem players

i always send my players out on loan for a couple of seasons the play them through the cup ,but i like the buy back clause idea,might give that a go,also if a youth player dosnt come good then you always get a fe bod for him anyways

best wishes to dean aston,norwich through and through

Last edited:
in 2008 in got this geezer called john pert came through called john pert like 5 seasons in and i sold him on for 22 million and apart from that they ave all been rubbish

On FM09 it wasn't before season 5 or 6 until some good regens came through the ranks. On FM10 there are some great regens in the first season already (found one that was almost as good as Fabregas and bought him for 3.2 M) but the majority of them usually has one very poor but extremely important attribute ( A defensive player with marking under 5 for example) that ruins him as a player.

Let's be honest, what are the chances of finding a wonderkid? You get a lot of good players from your youth side 5 or so years into the game but you are very lucky for a really gifted player. Scouting is a huge part of the game and you should spend a lot of time looking at foreign clubs trying to poach the best youngsters, you can't rely on your own youth for everything..

agree, having top youth facilities and good staff is important, but the best way to get wonder kids is to scout on your own. The facilities and coaches will improve the level of your players but you'll hardly get a wonder kid and thats normal... after all the wonder kids will be the best players in the world in the future, wich is a very small group.
I have some basic steps to get wonder kids i'll be happy to share:
Search on the best youth schools: Barcelona, Sporting CP, Ajax, West Ham....
Search on age: less than 18 is good, but i usually aim for the 14 year old ones, remember brazilian players won't get out of brazil until they're 18
Search on those crazy clubs like the Noroegian cronic champion (forgot the name....) or orlando pirates and stuff...
Always be aware of other clubs transferences, especially the ones with great scouts, they always go for the best kids, once got one very good youngster from a north contry that i found by rooling through the most important leagues clubs transferences, grabed him before they did :p
Unfortunately they had a wonder kid "born" in that same year and i couldn't get him that time because it was allready too pricy....
Never got him, and at 22 he was on the list for best player in the world....

agree, having top youth facilities and good staff is important, but the best way to get wonder kids is to scout on your own. The facilities and coaches will improve the level of your players but you'll hardly get a wonder kid and thats normal... after all the wonder kids will be the best players in the world in the future, wich is a very small group.
I have some basic steps to get wonder kids i'll be happy to share:
Search on the best youth schools: Barcelona, Sporting CP, Ajax, West Ham....
Search on age: less than 18 is good, but i usually aim for the 14 year old ones, remember brazilian players won't get out of brazil until they're 18
Search on those crazy clubs like the Noroegian cronic champion (forgot the name....) or orlando pirates and stuff...
Always be aware of other clubs transferences, especially the ones with great scouts, they always go for the best kids, once got one very good youngster from a north contry that i found by rooling through the most important leagues clubs transferences, grabed him before they did :p
Unfortunately they had a wonder kid "born" in that same year and i couldn't get him that time because it was allready too pricy....
Never got him, and at 22 he was on the list for best player in the world....

sorry but you miss the point of this thread. it is about posts regarding producing your own wonderkids, and not scouting/buying them

Newcastle seem to have 2 decent ones every season, then one amazing one once every two seasons...

As you mention in there backroom staff.
are they just coaches in general or youth coaches or scouts?

Hi mate. I try and get coaches for both 1st team & youth so working with youngsters as close to 20. Upgrade the youth facilities to top.
Yeah got a couple of scouts as most of the Chelsea ones were ****.
There are loads of good Italian staff who start unemployed or with a national team which you can get too.
Good luck!

sorry but you miss the point of this thread. it is about posts regarding producing your own wonderkids, and not scouting/buying them
I talked about this because i think that We all know how to get better youngsters... get the facilities to top quality, invest in great staff... but... that's not enough for getting wonder kids... they're not "born" based on that... it's a question of probabilities... And your chances will improve if you have better facilities and great staff.
I understand your point of view, but the truth is Scounting is the best way of getting them, also, if you get them with 14, 15 or 16 you still ARE Producting them, they will count as your formation youngsters, you can use that for the Champions League or Euro League Rules about youngsters...
Also, if you don't do it, most of them will never get to a upper level... some will even retire!

I talked about this because i think that We all know how to get better youngsters... get the facilities to top quality, invest in great staff... but... that's not enough for getting wonder kids... they're not "born" based on that... it's a question of probabilities... And your chances will improve if you have better facilities and great staff.
I understand your point of view, but the truth is Scounting is the best way of getting them, also, if you get them with 14, 15 or 16 you still ARE Producting them, they will count as your formation youngsters, you can use that for the Champions League or Euro League Rules about youngsters...
Also, if you don't do it, most of them will never get to a upper level... some will even retire!

i understand, and have updated my youth training facility and got better youth coaches, so far produce decent central midfield and excellant central defender both 16years old.