videoton10

Reaction score
Hello everybody (well, not everybody, but only you who will read this post :) ).
I've noticed a few quite interesting things playing FM 2012...I'm playing a version 12.0.4, even though i believe all the other versions of FM 2012 relates to the same issue...
So, here's the deal. I'm managing Videoton Fehervar, a Hungarian Division I team. I've noticed that there is a certain system of undervauling Hungarian youth recruits/intaken players/regens/newgens...call it however you want. After 13 seasons spent in the club, i've won Champions League 5 times, Uefa Cup once, Hungarian Division I all 13 times, Intercontinental cup 5 times, Euro Super Cup 6 times....and not to bore you with that, the point is, i made a lot of money, and i have great players in my team, and my reputation after 13 seasons went from around 5000 to 8300. Hungarian Division I is ranked 7th in competitions ranking, and so on...all in all, everyting is ok.
My youth recruitment has reached it's peak. I have youth recruitment attributed 20, training, youth, corporate facilities all attributed 20 (max) for over 3 seasons. But, as the game goes, i've noticed that none of my youth recruits have ever had potential ability (PA) more than 150, at most! And i've also noticed that, regens from Malawian, South Africaan, Zimbabwean, DR Congolese, Namibian etc. team are very likely to produce some wonderkid every year. And by that i mean on regens with PA over 180. I shouldn't mention Argentina, Brazil, Ivory Coast, Ghana...their youth recruits are top! Every season they get some regens with PA over 190. But me...nope :S.
I will demonstrate you on an example. FCB Juniors de Lujan, from Argentina have youth recruitment attributed 19. Very good team for regens, by the way. My team has youth recruitment attributed 20. FCB Juniors de Lujan every season shoot some regen woth PA over 190. My team? Never over 150. Actually, most from my youth recruitment are with PA around 100. Don't tell me that i'm just not lucky! After few years of getting laughable regens, i've decided to react :p. Installed FMRTE, and checked it all over and over again...no bloddy change. Regens from Hungary come on 8th March every year. Save game on 7th March, press continue to 8th March, reload FMRTE to show to me how good my regens will be. If bad, load game to 7th March, again continue to 8th March, reload FMRTE etc...I've tried this like a million times, over and over again, 3 seasons in a row, and NEVER got a regen with PA over 150, even though i have Youth recruitment 20.
So, here are the questions...
-What attribute or what factor does determine how good your regens will be? Since Kotoko from Ghana have youth recruitment attributed 10, and they constantly produce regens with PA over 170, and my team has yout recruitment attributed 20 with regens with PA 100, i suppose youth recruitment attribute doesn't determine that.
-Is it a national population? Since Malawi has 15M citizens (producing regens with PA 180), like Hungary(regens PA 100), i suppose it doesn't too. And i doubt having a Chinese club (China populated with 1 300M citizens) with youth recruitment attributed 20 would change anything. You will still get regens with PA around 100, like they always do.
-Is it some kind of a good regen likeliness hidden attribute that doesn't show up even in FM editor? I hardly believe that is the factor.
Because that would mean that regens from nations like Scandinavia, Asia, Noth America, Eastern Europe...would never get the chance to be good, which would determine (like it happened to me) that nation like South Africa wins World Cup 3 times in a row, and all the other nations named above never even get a chance in competing with i.e. Burundi, DR Congo etc...FM team, i guess, didn't made that mistake, as it would undoudtfully lead to uninteresting game few seasons ahead of real players retirement.

Sorry for the long post, i've just registered to this forum, just to post this question, and just wanted to make sure you all know precisely on what am i thinking about. Sorry too, for my not so glorious english, as i'm from Yugoslavia. Here's the question
So, what factor does determine that?

Last edited:
I think there is a setting in the editor that decides how good a countries regens can be.

Like he said. You can change that in with the editor by searching for Hungary.

Ok friend, i understood that, but where can i find that attribute? Editor/Hungary...now where? :)

As far as I'm aware I think its on the Nations Section and under Information, Youth Players and then some sort of mental template I think

Nope, still seem to can't find it. I've loaded database in the Editor, looked for Hungary, entered it's informations and here what i got. So as you can see there are no youth recruitment related attributes. The unvisible part down there is relating to EU agreements with Cotonou and Africa...so not here..
View attachment 243298

Nope, still seem to can't find it. I've loaded database in the Editor, looked for Hungary, entered it's informations and here what i got. So as you can see there are no youth recruitment related attributes. The unvisible part down there is relating to EU agreements with Cotonou and Africa...so not here..
View attachment 243298

I don't know then...my editor has a box called Youth Rating underneath the FA/Federation patience box

Strange...i don't have that. My version is 12.0.4, although i doubt there is some change in editor about that in later versions, or in any version of the game. Preety strange though....