Grayth

Reaction score
I am in season 2013/2014 with Blackpool, pushing for a European place. I am happy with my squad, but am yet to see a half-decent youth player come through the ranks. I have not yet had the option to ask the board to invest in youth scouting (currently our scouting is 'average'), it's greyed out whenever I have a board meeting (which is frequently.)

I thought maybe it was because I was investing in training and youth facilities, but they are now at the maximum level, the board still has plenty of money, but I can't ask them to invest in this area. I haven't upgraded facilities for a year, thinking that the option to invest in youth scouting might appear, but I'm still waiting. Is this a bug, does it happen with certain teams (I could always ask when I was managing Fleetwood, they just had no money) or is there something I can do to make this happen? I want to be able to nurture home-grown stars.

its not a bug, they wont have all the money in the world so they wont really be looking to upgrade that just yet as they probably feel that the money you have is money you need...

the best thing to do is search yourself, send out scouts searching for max age of 20yrs old and search in the smaller nations...
Morrocco, Algeria, Ivory Coast have really good regens...

download this as well for some help:

Raikan007's Wonderkid Shortlist v1

I'm alright with scouting players, and I've brought in decent youngsters and regens from other clubs. I'm more concerned with bringing through decent academy products through my youth recruitment network. The youth players that enter my U-18 team every year are completely sub-standard with zero potential and I just find it odd that I haven't even had the chance to ask my board to improve this area yet, when I always have the option to ask them to improve training and youth facilities.

I think it is something of a bug, to be honest! Like when sometimes you can't talk to players about their previous match performance when they got 4.80 or something. Or maybe it's something to do with my chairman's personality. Either way it's incredibly annoying.