fabregas2

Reaction score
I've looked around but I can't find a satisfactory answer. The question is what exactly does youth recruitment network, youth facilities and junior coaching do? I know they all help with developing youths but does anyone know the work of each of those categories?

They all contribute to the chance of getting a regen with a high CA/PA: A wonderkid.

Youth recruitment network = The Reputation of the academy and how aggressively your academy scouts search for talented youngsters; makes young players more likely to join you than a rival. Aka, A kid born in Liverpool joining Everton over Liverpool.

Youth facilities = The quality of training your youth players can get (assuming you have good coaches)

Junior coaching = How well the player was coached before joining your under-aged squad: Determines his CA.

Can't be 100% sure but I think that's how it all works.

Well every youth player I get with good potential, I chuck them in my first team with first team training. Is this a good thing or a bad thing because then I might just as well stop caring about youth facilities?

Players on a youth contract only train in the youth facilities. To gain benefits from Full time training schedules, facilities and coaches, they need a full time senior contract.

Be slightly careful about how you train and play youngsters, you may end up having the player hit his PA real fast, but he'll burn out in his mid-late 20s rather than around 30 if you over play him. I usually don't throw a player into the first team for more than 20 games a season until he's 19, so by 22 or so they usually start getting close to their PA.

Youth Recruiting network dictates the range that you look for youth.

Small reputation clubs have small networks..ie they search for players in their town

Large rep clubs have large networks, which means they search the continent/world for players.

My RC Strasbourg club has an average network, and most of my players come from the Alsace region, but I get the ocassional player from throughout france and if I'm lucky, a foreigner.

It has nothing to do with quality of the academy or your coaches/scouts.

Last edited:
Youth Recruitment Network increases the area you look for players and how good you are at finding the right ones and getting them to choose you over another club

Junior Coaching counts as a youth setup cost and is the main factor in producing good youth players.

Youth Facilities helps maximize the effect of the Junior Coaching. I cannot stress enough how Youth Facillities don't affect the development of Players in the Youth team it only effects the quality of the next lot of regens coming out of the system.