fnurlygurly

Reaction score
I´ve been wondering about the youth-squad and the reqruitment.

This is something I always been interested about in the game, can you in some way manipulate the game or affect the type of players or type of Nationality of the players for the the youth squad.

I play with Barnsley in my save, and of course it is in England, but it would be awesome getting some other types of nationalties for the youth squad. or is it just random?

For example, could I in some way get a brazilian youngster from the junior reqruitment for my Barnsley squad.

depends on your reputation and training facitlites i think!

Yeah I get that. But how about to get other types of nationalities. if ther eis any way to control it. like if you only buy in portugese coaches then some youths will be portugese and so on?

no i dont think there is anyway to control it

Pretty much like my bladder due to my advanced years.

My experience says that you cannot control it, but sometimes you might get lucky, and maybe one or two from your youth team will be another nationality.

You can actually influence the nationalities of the youth you get. Having coaches of various nationalities actually helps this. So, if you want more Brazilian regens, hire a couple Brazilian coaches.

I'm quite sure staff nationality and club scouting knowledge have an impact on regens nationality. You also need a good youth recruitment network (see facilities) to consistently produce foreign regens.

So let's say you have a french coach or a french feeder club and an extensive youth recruitment network; then your team will have better chances of producing the odd french youngster amongst the usual bunch of english players.

too bad I cant fully choose my feeder clubs...well i guess its the same as in FM 2011 .,. after a while managing the club i will have the boards confidence doing it myself.

I'm quite sure staff nationality and club scouting knowledge have an impact on regens nationality. You also need a good youth recruitment network (see facilities) to consistently produce foreign regens.

So let's say you have a french coach or a french feeder club and an extensive youth recruitment network; then your team will have better chances of producing the odd french youngster amongst the usual bunch of english players.

You can be certain of it. As a matter of fact, the nationality you choose at the start of the game affects the nationality of the regens your club produces - I've produced argentinian regens in Ukraine with no argentinian staff members but myself. I've also produced Basque players in other countries when setting my secondary nationality to Basque, although this may just be a coincidence.

Well, with Chelsea I have a Danish scout and got a Danish regen. Seems like it is connected, would be interesting to see my next season, if I get any Brazilian or German regens. :)

it doesn't let you pick your own :( The board told me I could choose but instead gave me a list :(

It would be nice, knowing that for a certain. Has to be connected somehow. Weird it doesnt mentioned more.

I have a question about youth academies. (Just a heads-up: I'm still playing FM11, but I don't think this issue is so much about specific game mechanics but just the general nature of FM's youth system.)

The Facilities page on my team's Information screen tells me that I have "State of the Art Youth Facilities + Youth Academy," along with extensive youth recruiting. No surprise there, since I remember when the board agreed to these upgrades five seasons ago!

However, and here's my issue: Where in the world do I find the actual academy? Am I just being dense here? I've read through lots of youth threads, and it seems that people with academies can see the actual academy and the youth who are in it. I can't. Or at least, I don't know where to look.

Now, I do have a U18 squad to which I can sign "Youngsters" to full-time contracts. But that's always been there, since I started up this save. And it's all I seem to have access to. What am I missing here?

The youth academy is technically your under-18's squad and where new players come through.

The youth academy is technically your under-18's squad and where new players come through.
Hmm. Well, it sure would be nice if my "extensive youth recruitment" could snare some "youth" who aren't already 18 years old and become ineligible for U18 games after a few months!

I think something is still not quite right, though. For instance, I can't ever actually use the youth training schedules that I download and import -- they're always greyed out in the scroll list. And my U18 page has no "Training" tab, which I've seen other users refer to.

And again -- if I'm supposed to be able to track the longterm progress of academy youth, I can't. All I ever have in the U18 players list are a couple of 18-year-olds on full-time contracts (the rest of the squad is made up of greyed-out 22-year-olds). They quickly age out of the team, and then the next offseason merely brings a couple more just like them.

View attachment 208833

You don't have that? Seems strange and I couldn't tell you about the schedules.

Nope. No "Training" tab for the U18 squad. And see those "YTH" markers next to your players? I don't have those either, because my U18s are on full-time contracts, not youth contracts.

I don't get it. Where's the "academy" that my Facilities page tells me I have?