AllanT

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone else has thought of this, but as i'm sure a lot of people know, its a pain in the *** to try and get good youth coaches to join to train your youth team as they all seem to want to join to coach the senior team.

So i was wondering if anyone else puts all their youth team in with the reserves so they get training from the senior team coaches, thus they progress a little bit better?

I tend to make them available to play for my U19 team as well

Personally i'd rather have my 4.5/5 star senior team coaches training my u19's than the 3 star u19 team coaches im stuck with. I'm just wondering if theres better ways of dealing with it or if anyone has much luck with coaches.

What are peoples thoughts on this?

You need Youth Coaches for players on youth contracts, other than that I see no flaw with your plan. Smart way of reducing staff wages.

IMO the most important stat is working with youngsters. Without this, they will not develop

Yep I just pay extra wages to get staff to join my youth team. If you went with your idea you would need first team coaches that are also really good with working with youth rather than just ok. This is doable though, clever idea.

If you went with your idea you would need first team coaches that are also really good with working with youth rather than just ok.

I think that goes without saying tbh.

Majority of my coaches are 18+ apart from 2 with 17, 1 with 16 and a goalie coach with 12.

I think they have done rather well with my "reserve" team so far.

I just played them all in my last match Bar the goalie, 1 CB and on loan Cesc Fabregas, the rest of my team were kids 18-20 and beat Pescara 4-1. I have an excellent method of recruiting excellent youngsters :D