NUMB3R44

Reaction score
Sorry if this has come up before and if it has just link me to a guide please.
How do you guys get the full potential from your youth and how quickly can you get it?

Training for youth aswell... is it worth tutoring?

It's just as in real life.- Make them realise how hard work pays off by tutor them to become more of a pro.- Make sure that they have good facilities to train on/in and that there coaches are good.- Make sure that they are happy and motivated so that they really put in the effort in training.- Make sure that you give them some competitive matches.- Make sure that its not just about them reaching their potential Ability in terms of 1-200, but also that they get better at something they actually benefit from. Let them focus that little but extra on a few stats where they can become world class in that area and that they focus on a " low" stat thatight be undermining their over all performance.

If they have low professionalism which is a hidden stat, they will take longer to develop. Usually players with high determination also have high professionalism. If determination is low then it is good to have someone with high determination to tutor them, if they have high determination already then it is better to not tutor them. I always have my young players on heavy individual role training to maximize there progression, couple this with match training on one click from the right after your tactic is fluid and have low general training. I usually play with Derby County and Will Hughes has a potential of 175 and current ability of around 120 and I usually have him up to his max 175 after 2 seasons using the above method, as long as he has no long injuries.

Oh yes, as said above, good coaches are also important. And don't have young players in the youth squad as they don't train full time, put them in the reserves or first team squad so they benefit from first team coaches and training.

Do you loan your youngsters out?

No I don't, because you have no control over what training they get. I sent Josh Lelan out n loan to Sheffield Utd for two seasons and he played all the time, but he came back no better than when he went. On another save I kept him in the reserves and played him in the odd cup match and after 1 season he was good enough as backup for me in the prem! So I would not loan them out, just give them heavy individual training.

No I don't, because you have no control over what training they get. I sent Josh Lelan out n loan to Sheffield Utd for two seasons and he played all the time, but he came back no better than when he went. On another save I kept him in the reserves and played him in the odd cup match and after 1 season he was good enough as backup for me in the prem! So I would not loan them out, just give them heavy individual training.

Exactly what I was starting to think, I have a couple of great prospects on loan but when this season finishes they are playing in the reserves.

Exactly what I was starting to think, I have a couple of great prospects on loan but when this season finishes they are playing in the reserves.

I always tend to look for a club with good facilities and with a manager with high stat in " working with youngsters ". This club also have to promise he will be a on important player for them.

I always tend to look for a club with good facilities and with a manager with high stat in " working with youngsters ". This club also have to promise he will be a on important player for them.

I don't think it helps that much, I think it's very important for youngsters to develop their physical attributes, but you can't do this when you send them on loan.

for example when I don't manage Derby, Will Hughes can take 4 or 5 seasons to become class but when I manage Derby he is in the England squad at 18! The AI just doesn't develop players very well.

Last edited:
I don't think it helps that much, I think it's very important for youngsters to develop their physical attributes, but you can't do this when you send them on loan.

for example when I don't manage Derby, Will Hughes can take 4 or 5 seasons to become class but when I manage Derby he is in the England squad at 18! The AI just doesn't develop players very well.

They can. In my current save in 2023, I have sent over 40 players in the age of 17-18 on loan this way and they have all developed really well, including the stats you mentioned.

But, I have never send them to a club with average facilities, coaches etc. I always keep them in my team once they turn 20 though as they are then used my me or sold.

They can. In my current save in 2023, I have sent over 40 players in the age of 17-18 on loan this way and they have all developed really well, including the stats you mentioned.

But, I have never send them to a club with average facilities, coaches etc. I always keep them in my team once they turn 20 though as they are then used my me or sold.

I never play as big teams so usually only get the option of league one or poor championship teams to send people on loan to. Other than high profile teams the coaches tend to be pretty naff at most clubs, especially compared to Derby who I usually manage.

I never play as big teams so usually only get the option of league one or poor championship teams to send people on loan to. Other than high profile teams the coaches tend to be pretty naff at most clubs, especially compared to Derby who I usually manage.

Agree, then it's much better to keep them at home. I never start with top teams either so in the firsts seasons, I keep them to.

TBH, do you send your players to leagues abroad that are not loaded in your game, or do you send them to fully simulated leagues?

If you see youth players with a potential of 1 star do you just get rid of them asap?