Tom14

Reaction score
Is anyone getting really poor youth intake since the last update like 1 and a half star max?

Is anyone getting really poor youth intake since the last update like 1 and a half star max?

Don't look at the stars to much but instead look at their stats and ask the staff for a report on him to see his personality. I have raised some poor " star rating " players into really good rotation players in my saves. Look at their crucial stats for their roles and your tactical approach.

some players are poor when they are youth candidates, but after signing onto youth contract, their rating changed. It also depends on the player's development rate, the stars can increase or decrease.

Don't look at the stars to much but instead look at their stats and ask the staff for a report on him to see his personality. I have raised some poor " star rating " players into really good rotation players in my saves. Look at their crucial stats for their roles and your tactical approach.
Yeah i know all of that, but before the update i was getting loads of high potential player but now even looking at the stats they are complete ****.

Yeah i know all of that, but before the update i was getting loads of high potential player but now even looking at the stats they are complete ****.

Between what patches have you seen this change ?

some players are poor when they are youth candidates, but after signing onto youth contract, their rating changed. It also depends on the player's development rate, the stars can increase or decrease.

+1

Second season of my Man Utd save I was really disappointed with my intake. *** manager said none stood out and were rated about 1-2 stars. After the game against my under 18's he recommended a couple would be worth signing so I thought might as well. After they had signed I had a 4 star PA keeper and a 4 and 3.5 star CM's. So the lesson is as other have said look at their stats for their position and their personality and take a punt. At worse you will have a youngster on a low wage for a couple of years at best you could have a future star.

i had a player recently in my youth intake who was rated 1.5 stars, then when he was signed onto a contract he went up to 4.5 stars so look for stats

Again, between what patches ?

between the latest patch and 13.1.2
i had initially started a game with manchester united n played fr 2 seasons and got some regens with good attributes and good assistant ratings too.. but the save got destroyed and i started another game with manchester united n m into 3rd season now and havent got anyone above 1 star yet... n the attributes arent impressive either...

I'm using the first patch and it's the same. Liverpool 1st season a striker came through with 4.5*'s and second season a Midfielder with 3.5*'s came through but since then no one has ever stood out, I'm in 2020 now.

My solution was the Brazilian under 20's team, scouted them all and the ones that are 15/16 that show good potential (3.5*'s and above) I've signed, most of them only cost about a million, some clubs want more money though but it's never more than 5 million.

Don't listen to your AM, I got a youth intake where I got "no stand outs", checked reports and everyone was poorly rated. Luckily I checked a player out because there was a huge fuss around a contract and it turned out he was the next generation of England striker.

I was wondering about that...
Just checked with Genie Scout. Two full seasons since the patch...and there's only a couple of noteworthy new regens in the whole world. Certainly nowhere near enough to replace all the talents that are retiring.

No wonder I been unable to find a decent replacement for my goalkeeper.

I have given up on youth intake... I spend millions on it every singel season, never gotten one decent and im now in 2020. I have top rated everything now, youth trainers, training facility, youth academy or something, EVERYTHING.

But every season so far 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 AND 2020! i have only gotten half or max 1star rated and "no stand outs"

And I check every player, since I now not just fallow the stars and the Assistent. But I haven't found ONE decent in 8 seasons....

Edit: I downloaded FMRTE just to check now and it stands:
Training Facilities: 19
Youth Facilities: 19
Youth Academy: 20
Youth Recruitment: 19
Morale: 20

But that is clearly in this game not good enough to get 1 OK player in 8 seasons...

So my tip: Never use money on recruitment... That is what I really wants to do, what I want as a manager is posetion football and recruit talents in my own team and not buy that much. But that isnt possible...

Last edited:
I am having the exact same problem, for the past few seasons with dundee united i have been getting regens with max 2.5 star potential. Recently with my Liverpool save my recent intake of youth have literally been all 0.5 star potential. Its just ridiculous considering on fm12 i got atleast one 4.5 or 5 star potential player per yearly intake with "good" youth faclilities

With United the most "stars" I was getting through my youth intake was 2, but as soon as I signed a 2 rated player they were going up to 5. It's more to do with your own judgement rather than the star rating.

I know that the star ratings change, and I am not saying it is the patch. But just pointing out that for the last 2 seasons half my youth candidates have been 3-stars to 5 stars, with about four 5-star players altogether. However, after the most recent patch my highest player in the new youth intake was just 1.5 star, and although they all seemed to have rubbish attributes, I signed a few up and they did go up to 4 stars.

I had ignored it, but it does seem strange so many people are witnessing this... Just saying :)

+1

Second season of my Man Utd save I was really disappointed with my intake. *** manager said none stood out and were rated about 1-2 stars. After the game against my under 18's he recommended a couple would be worth signing so I thought might as well. After they had signed I had a 4 star PA keeper and a 4 and 3.5 star CM's. So the lesson is as other have said look at their stats for their position and their personality and take a punt. At worse you will have a youngster on a low wage for a couple of years at best you could have a future star.

probably because your assistant has crapping scouting abilities