alexdesouza

Reaction score
I was playing (and still playing) a save with Arsenal. Last night before bed I set it to "auto save off" and set it to go on Holiday. I woke up this morning and 4-5 years had passed. I'd put a LOT of effort getting Zelalem to a standard that's worth building on in my first one and a half seasons at the club. Check out this progression! I haven't seen a youngster that isn't a regen develop this well. He's missing some vital PPMs but he's only 22 so I'm sure there's plenty of time. Anyone seen him get any better?

I can't wait to get to the same point in the game through normal play to try get him even BETTER.

View attachment 369868 View attachment 369869

Nice, I'm sure you can get him a lot better :) I don't want to potentially spoil anything for you so I'll ask first. I have a save which is in 2018 with Man Utd and can show you how Zelalem has progressed in there? Also, I can show you a screenshot of Januzaj in mine at the age of 25 to see how he's developed

Edit: Wow, I just checked Zelalem in my save, he's 21 years old and is far, far behind what you showed xD

Nice, I'm sure you can get him a lot better :) I don't want to potentially spoil anything for you so I'll ask first. I have a save which is in 2018 with Man Utd and can show you how Zelalem has progressed in there? Also, I can show you a screenshot of Januzaj in mine at the age of 25 to see how he's developed

Edit: Wow, I just checked Zelalem in my save, he's 21 years old and is far, far behind what you showed xD
Would love to see the Januzaj SS!

Hehe, yeah. I've been lucky or just "default" players into stardom. This feels like the first player I've developed myself because I've seen him flop a lot. Personally I'd love him to have better positioning, tackling and marking attributes so I can play him in the Yaya Toure. He has the height, strength and physical attributes to be a beast in central midfield.

I've seen Januzaj develop pretty well. Obviously the players you develop at your club will always be better but I've tried to take "extra care" of Zelalem and I think he's coming along amazingly personally. I got a few youngsters coming through right now should be exciting in 2-3 years.

p.s. I quit the 2019 save and it went back to mid 2nd season.... he's improved but not that good hopefully the early development plus me signing Pirlo next year to give him a tutor for a year (most expensive tutor ever lol... 1m transfer + 100k wages for someone who's gonna retire in 12months). Hopefully it'll be worth it as he can learn some good PPM. XD

To any Arsenal fans reading a cheaper/more available version of Pirlo/Xabi Alonso is Yannick Stark. His PPMs are amazing, he's a professional and has great determination. I have him teaching Zelalem this season until I get Pirlo for an extra bump ;-)

This was his first start in the BPL. So stoked at the result :)

Draxler was injured, Ozil and Rambo were tired so I thought why not start him against Spurs at AM and have Wilshere dropping back instead. It worked out perfectly. Eventually though I will drop him further back as his too good defensively and physically not to play in the middle of the park. Future Yaya Toure here we come :)

View attachment 368064

He's coming along really nicely.

I've played him a little too often sometimes starting games but I'm really pleased with how he's turning out. More minutes on the pitch has helped some stats considerably and some jumping by 2 within 6months.

His progression shots really look nice. New Yaya Toure here we come ;D

On a side note he's being tutored by Pirlo still... we're on to our 8th month. He's only picked up 1 PPM from him which is a shame but I think I'll keep going. I'm also training him to be a DM so that he can play the DLP role better (or at least that's my experience).

View attachment 367216

Finally! Jack Wilshere is able to train Zelalem so I'm going to try raise his Determination as much as possible before he hits 21. Try get him totally world-class. His stats are definitely coming along really nicely and he's picked up PPMs for a DLP but does really well as an AP as well. Also included a shot of his PPM and take note of his "professional" personality thanks to training him in the early ages extensively with Arteta and Pirlo and now with Wilshere.

Future Zidane/Pirlo! ;-D

View attachment 365471 View attachment 365470

Last edited:
And just furthermore... put him on in the 85th minute... changed the game!

He's sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good :)

4 goals 3 assists for 6 starts and 21 appearances off the bench. Not great - but good with huge improvements in PPM and attributes.

View attachment 365466

Oh. My. God.

Look at this improvement! Thanks to Wilshere his determination has skyrocketed!

View attachment 365086

Remember this is ME developing him. In the first post... it was 12months of me (or maybe six I can't remember exactly) but then I went on holiday for six years (didn't save, was an experiment). He's kind of similar but has different mental attributes, PPMs and I still have a year where he'll actually feature in the first team for the first year so I expect even greater improvements this season to surpass the one I saw develop at Leverkeusen!

I would offer him a contract of around 30k per week cause madrid city etc will be offering for him soon he looks world class!! look at John McGinn hes a good young player aswell and Jack Grealish.

Thanks for the tip!

I'll keep him on those wages for now. I'm the most reputable club in the world and the second wealthiest. Also he earns the lowest wages in my first team along with Richario Zivkovic and they have similar PA. I do however believe that if I offer him a contract now for 20k he won't want another one for another 12-18months so your suggestion is ideal.

Here are a few of my other youth players, I also have Jack Grealish, never heard of John McGinn but checked him out... wish I had heard of him! I would have snapped him up too but too late now IMO as he isn't as good as my other ones and I honestly believe the longer you have a player the better he becomes - including new signings. See the lad from Everton who I signed late - whereas Patrick Roberts, Zelalem,, Bellerin, etc. have been with me since the start or in Roberts case he came in January window of the first season and is therefor more developed. The only one to cop a big injury was Crowley and it shows on his PA, I'm sure I can get it back to 4stars, but his CA is too low for his age so I don't think he'll develop like Zelalem, Bellerin, etc :)

As you can see - because I paid the absolute most attention to Zelalem (it's why I started this save, plus I'm an AFC supporter) he turned out the best so far. Bellerin a close second because again, I never sent him out on loan till he was ready and even then the only club I would accept would be one where he'll be a first team player, one where the clubs facilities are at least to an excellent level and one where he'll be able to play in a similar role to develop those much needed attributes. Also get scout reports, when he's back put him on heavy training programs only giving him 5-10 minute game times so "it doesn't show the rating" but if it does it isn't a big issue either just will slow it down a tad (in my experience, again, of course).

My squad is looking EPIC ^_^

I haven't played that much 'cos of school work but this was really good to see.

View attachment 363239 View attachment 363238

I sold Mertersacker and kept Koscielny just because I felt Mertersacker wasn't getting enough games ahead of Caulker and Laporte who'd pretty much become my main defenders. Thankfully, he's been really awesome in the media all the time and praised Zelalem for his FORM which is a big plus. Also, slight attribute increases, though nothing as dramatic as before. His personality has also changed to Spirited from Professional which I assume was due to an increase in "pressure" as he's being played in BPL exclusively up until recently he's started to feature in UCL more and more.