Zeman Style 2011- W.I.P. - Offensive and solid with cool style

Desdot81

Reaction score
Hi guys,
this my first tactic I'll ever post there and, even if the construction is "work-in-progress", it is giving best result with underdog team (i'm trying it with my Foggia, Italian third division).

If You want for your team:

- less red cards;

-lots of goal of Your striker and wingers;
-defense consistence;
- fullback that attack the space more than Your winger in possession phase

You can test it and, if needed, switching where need in accordance with players attributes.

I don't use real editor and suchlike, I don't use initial and half-time team speech (except if I lead, so i give "courage" to all players), while the OI instructions are always the following:

- ST - alway close down and weaker foot;

-MC and TC always close down;

foggiafoggiatattiche2.png

Mainly information

This is a very offensive 4-3-3 tested on 11.2 patch and with it I win everything with USFoggia (third division) in FM2010 (3 Serie A, 2 Champions League, 3 Italian Cup, 3 Italian Supercup, 2 European SuperCup, 1 World Cup for Clubs) in only 6 season.

But, like usual in these years, in the new version of this game it didn't seems to work...until patch 11.2.

So, in a casual way, I rested it last day after the fairish result obtained with JP High score tactic (very good tactic but not efficacious with lower team) and the result are these:

foggiagames1.png

foggiagames2.png

15 games- 14wins - 1 drawn - 0 loss , 38 goals scored, 11 suffered
(media previsions: 4th - my position actual 1th, half of players are loans)

Position and game explanation

The possession's phase is very quick (inspite the team indication of tempo): th KEY of this tactic is the FULLBACK. The fullback play in two way, when it has the ball (take back from opponent or received by the GoalKeeper):
a) search the near DM for a short passage, and so it starts a spectular team action with lots of passing until one of the strikers, or a fullback is loney placed in opponent area;
b) long range passing to external striker in the space, that allow to start micial counterattack.

After the passing, the fullback goes ahead, till the touchline or inside the opponent goalkeeper area, looking for short passing to strikers or chances of clear shoot, and in union with the two central miedfielders he create a numeric superiority (90% of chance that the attack finish with a shoot, clear or not).

The two central defenders, due to team mentality, play very high allowing more chance of re-cacht of "vagabond" balls trew by opponents while they are trying to resist to the attacks.

Due to above description, the defense is very solid and rarely the opponent will have more of one clear shoot and 10+ shoots in general.

The game style, as the instructions, is oriented towards the external zone of the field.

Player Attribute

As my belief, I think that generally al players need 3 key attribute: Pace&Acceleration, Passing, Work rate. In the lower division it can be sufficient for this tactic.

The particular attributes (9+):

GK - need good reflexes and a good value in "one to one" and outgoing.
DCD e DCS - concentration, marking, position, elevation.
FBs - concentration, positioning, crossing and, if possibile, elevation 10+
DM- aggression, tackling, team work, resistence, and, if possible, creativity&elevation
CCs- creativity, resistence, aggression, technique, first touch and if possible position
Central Striker- finishing, technique, out of ball, determination and composure
Right Striker - dribbling, cross, out of ball, technique, teamwork
Left Striker - dribbling,out of ball, composure, flair

Hereby the tactic

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=4215

If you want, give it a try and let me now. Meanwhile, I continue my game and update the results.

Cheer, ;)

PS: set pieces, mainly the corners, are set on far post where you can place your best header. Not more to say!

Last edited:
Zemanlandia! Will def have a look, but true Zeman will NEVER promise defensive consistency...

PS Ha I see the mighty Alessandro Cesarini there! he's a beast, got me all the way to serie A from C2 with San Marino and is now a legend of the club!

Zemanlandia! Will def have a look, but true Zeman will NEVER promise defensive consistency...

!

Neither I. But, like Zeman, I like to joke people sometimes (6)(6)(6)
But believe me, with this tactic you suffer less goal than other -less- offensive tactic.

More Screenshot:

My principal "Goleada" against same level opponent:

ojkt44.png

And this are the result of Match of Year for direct promotion to Serie B:

15saetu.png

Well to make it really Zeman style you should have his crazy high defence line and exasperating offside trap, I wouldn't recommend any of those in FM though...

Tactic looks very good indeed, I truly believe 4-1-2-3 (or 4-1-2-2-1) is the way to go in FM11, DMC especially looks vital to me.

Your tactic shares some similarities with latest Mr Hough's (which I've tested and found brilliant) though you seem to make a slightly better job when it comes to ball possession so nice work there.

You make any adjustment when playing away? Cause maybe you will have to at serie B level... I remember my team doing fantastic at home only to struggle heavily away (and getting the occasional 0-5 thrashing), until I learnt the joy of playing counter and started stealing unlikely wins across the country...

Will give it a go at some point, in the meantime don't you ever sell Cesarini!

The huge defense line is not necessary to look your defender intercept balls in the middle zone of the field. Often, this choose is instead wrong and expose your team to opponent's counterattack. More effective are setting like pressing and mentality, especially if team mentality is KAMIKAZE.

For away match, I change NOTHING. In the Zeman - and mine - philosophy the important is HOW YOU play, not the opponent. I always use the same tactic even if I play away against Man Utd or Inter.
However, I think that a better idea you can make only if you try the tactic for 10-15 matches. ;)

PS: I have omissis the thing but obviously the tactic need at least 5 matches before you can see a nice and fluent football.

Last edited:
The huge defense line is not necessary to look your defender intercept balls in the middle zone of the field. Often, this choose is instead wrong and expose your team to opponent's counterattack. More effective are setting like pressing and mentality, especially if team mentality is KAMIKAZE.

For away match, I change NOTHING. In the Zeman - and mine - philosophy the important is HOW YOU play, not the opponent. I always use the same tactic even if I play away against Man Utd or Inter.
However, I think that a better idea you can make only if you try the tactic for 10-15 matches. ;)

PS: I have omissis the thing but obviously the tactic need at least 5 matches before you can see a nice and fluent football.

I haven't actually tried your tactic yet, I was recalling after dominating C2 & C1, I had to take a generally more cautious approach in serie B (especially away) and tweak my own tactic, and playing counter helped me a lot.

I hope your tactic proves to be unbeatable home and away at any level! Just remind playing away seems much harder than before in FM11, even for il Boemo!

Does it also works for teams like Milan or Juve?

Does it also works for teams like Milan or Juve?

Maybe you can try and found Yourself if so??? ;)
However, there wouldn't be serious problem with a Top team...at least, no more problem than with a small team.

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 AM ----------

Update after finished the first season. Win the Lega Pro Third Division B with huge numbers:

seriec1binformazionifas.png

Here the other result and some statistic:

foggiafoggiapartite3.png

foggiaandriastatistiche.png

atleticoromafoggiastati.png

foggiatarantostatistich.png

My best performers (two strikers and the central defender)

Alessandro Cesarini (kandersson will be happy :D) - 27 goals
alessandrocesariniprofi.png

Enzo Scorza - fantastic, he arrive only at 2th january 2011:

enzoscorzaprofilocaratt.png

and finally, Michele Rigione...very impressive his finishing on set pieces:

michelerigioneprofiloca.png

I have obtained fantastic result in this season, the real proof is surely the Italian Serie B. Even if it seems that my score more in home match, I will let you know if some tweak will be necessary. I enclose the record of some matches to let you see how work the tactic.

PS: 105 downloads in 12 hours, I wait hopeful some feedback ;)

Last edited:
First feedback in Italian Serie B-
I bought some good midfield - Davi (free) from Palermo, Merkel from Milan (€ 300k), Aitor Sanz from a lower spanish team (free). I bought also Regini (FBL) and Rigione (CB), prevoiusly on loan to my team and Fabio Borini (free) from Chealsea.
In practice, new good players (very close to be wonderkids, i think) in place of other good player that I had in loan (Salamon, Laribi, Insigne).
So, the strenght of team is quite the same and after first 7 matches i obtain 5 wins, 1 drawn and 1 defeat, with 15 goal scored and 5 suffered (3 consecutive of them were on penalty):

Foggia-Cesena 2-1
Livorno-Foggia 1-0 (penalty)
Foggia-Modena 1-1 (penalty)
Triestina-Foggia 1-5 (penalty)
Foggia-Salernitana 1-0
Benevento-Foggia 0-2
Empoli-Foggia 1-4

So, a good start, I will update. Here the screens:

seriebinformazioniclass.png

foggiafoggiapartite4.png

257 download -Anyone starts a test? oO)
I would know the exact consistency of the tactic with other kinds of team.
Cheers,

hi desdot have you tried the tactic with patch 11.3?