etipac

Reaction score
I would love to make a Zeman tactic which consists of playing 433 which translates to a 235 of course v attacking and super pressing and would like to know if anyone did it before or if someone can help out.

For those who do not knoe who he is..

Zden

Libero Football » Blog Archive » Cult Heroes: Zdenek Zeman

Zdenek Zeman - Official Web Site

Zemanlandia - Il Foggia dei Miracoli - parte 1 (www.federossonera.it) - YouTube sorry in italian.

Currently he is coaching Pescara and from being one of the worse clubs in the Serie B they are scoring approx. 3goals/game and they are 2nd..

2011/12 Italian Serie B Table / Standings - ESPN Soccernet

Would like any help everyone can give me, thanks!

Regards
Etienne

My advice for you is to play a normal 4-3-3 with high defensive line, fluid philosophy, attacking strategy, more disciplined, direct passes, aggressive tackling, high tempo, zonal marking, offside trap on, wing backs. I would also add more width.
This is an example
View attachment 228174
As you can see it is 2-5-3 in attacking but when defending it switches back to 4-3-3.

Last edited:
What do you think of it mate?

Pros and Cons?

Well, pros are that you can make use of possession and the width allows the wide strikers to cross the ball to the central striker.
Cons is that it can be horrible defensively if you play against a counter attacking.
This is the kind of tactic that you use to score more than the opposition as it makes lots of chances, if you have good central defenders you will probably like it :p

what Sickboy said.

I'd also add that most central MC should be a DLP, and wide strikers maybe inside forwards as Zeman often likes to place left footed attackers on the right and viceversa.

In real life it is a scoring machine but the only people who do not like it are the GK and the 2 CBs lol. Though it can make your normal team become a better one and exposing other teams weaknesses and usually you should manage to score more than the others with such an amount of chances and against counter attacking teams you can sweak it to be slightly more defensive though Zeman would swear at that as against his pure football. Will try it tonight in my Not. Forrest. game against some friendlies against Premier League clubs and see how it goes.

Can you post some stats sickboy? or anyone?

I've tested the tactic in 2 games anyway if you want to test it out here are the settings:
Philosophy: Very Fluid
Strategy: Attacking
Passing: More Direct
Creative Freedom: More Disciplined
Tackling: Normal/Aggressive
Crossing: Float Crosses
Marking: Zonal
Roaming: Stick to Position
Defensive Line: Push Up (16-20)
Width: Wide (16-18)
Tempo: Quick (19/20)
Time Wasting: Rarely (4)
Counter Attack: No
Play Offside: Yes
4-3-3
WB---CB---CB----WB
---BBM-DPM-BBM---
---P--CF--P---

Good luck ;)

2 Questions...

Wing backs on the same line of the 2CBs or more forward?
P in attack for Poachers or?

Wing backs are in the same line as the 2cbs and p in attack is for poacher :p

Having the attackers wide and set as inside forwards create havoc for the oposition.. Counter attacking big time!