Zenit St Petersburg fans petition club to sack black players and demand all-white het

Ride The Walrus

A pretty cool guy.
Reaction score
The Russian club’s manager, Luciano Spalletti, has distanced himself from the group, who published an open letter on its website called “Selection Manifesto 12” in which it demanded certain "principles for selection" and preferred criteria for future signings.

Zenit are the only top flight Russian club to have never signed an African player, although Spalletti quickly expressed his support for multi-racial teams.

"We object to representatives of sexual minorities playing for Zenit,” said the letter published on Landscrona.ru.

"We are not racists and for us, the lack of black players at Zenit is only an important tradition, which emphasises the identity of the club and nothing more.

“Zenit has its own identity in the world of football, along with a number of football clubs that have retained their own identity.

[h=2]Related Articles[/h]
  • Advocaat: Zenit fans are racist
    03 May 2008
"As the most northern club of the major European cities, we have never been associated with Africa, South America or Australia and Oceania.
"We have absolutely nothing against the people of these and any other continent. But now black players are being imposed on Zenit almost by force.”
The letter went on to say they would only accept players from other Slav nations like Ukraine and Belarus, as well as those from the Baltic states and Scandinavia.
Although he did not make any reference to the letter, Spalletti responded with a swift rejection of their proposals on the club’s official website.
"Tolerance for me is the ability to understand and accept differences,” he said. “Furthermore, being tolerant means that you fight against any kind of stupidity.
"I can personally assure you that I will do everything I can to help those who seek to explain what tolerance is, and the need to respect other cultures and traditions.
"The team has gathered players from different countries and ethnic groups who work together to achieve a common goal. Their combined efforts bring tangible results."
In 2008 former manager **** Advocaat admitted that signing black players was an option not available to him due to the fierce opposition he would face from Zenit fans.
"I would be happy to sign anyone, but the fans don't like black players," said the former Holland coach. "Quite honestly, I do not understand how they could pay so much attention to skin colour."
St Petersburg is one of the host cities for the 2018 World Cup.

well the world cup will be fun.

Sick. Bigotted. Ignorant. Morons. Kicking the racism back into football.

Would like to see Blatter using the "racist comments can be settled with a handshake" argument now.

Not surprised one jot.

Nothing can be said that hasn't already.

I say this not out of hate but logic... This is why certain people should not be allowed to breed.

... Sign Balotelli Luciano, do it for the lols.
:D

An East European football club's fans may be racist? Surely not :O

The world cup selections pose further questions........