ajdedinamo

Reaction score
MARCH 2012

bzzz bzzz ... bzzz bzzz ...

The phone on the bedside table began to vibrate, reluctant to get up, he finally decided to pick it up.

"Its Seven o'clock in the frickin morning, who would be ccalling me now?"

Me:
Hello?

Unknown: Yes,
is this Mr Steko?

Me: Yes
, may I ask who's calling?

Lyall Gorman: This is
Lyall Gorman from the Western Sydney Wanderers. How are you doing this morning?

Me:
Yea not to bad ay.... Western Sydney Wanderers ... that new A-League team ye?

Lyall: I was just wondering
if you were free today around three pm? I would like to discuss some business with you.

Me: Um
m ... yea sure mate, where would you like to meet?

Lyall:
City Extraon Church St Parra, see you then.

"The ****?"

Later that day at City Extra.

"I'm a lil'early. Enough time for a smoke"

As he lit his cigarette he could
see a someone walk towards him. The man wore a all-black suit and his hair was slicked back. He also had a black folder tucked beneath his right armpit.

"This man obviously know what I look like ... how and why?

Lyall: G'day. Shall we sit?

He said as he pointed to a table outside of the Cafe. Kristian followed him to the table and took a seat. Noticing that his cigarette was still lit, he leaned over to the table next to theirs and grabbed the ash tray and gently placed it on their table.

Lyall: Ok straight to business. Me and my co-workers at the Western Sydney Wanderers are currently looking for a manager
for our teams first season in the A-League. We have have noticed that you have had much success with Sydney United in the New South Wales Premier League and would like to offer you the job.

"What?!!!!!"

Me: Ummm well yea sure ill do it ... umm if you ... uhh ... really think I'm the right person.

Lyall: Of course we are sure... Oh **** look at the time, Ive got other things to do but Ill call you later on and we can get the contract and everything eelse sorted alright?

Me: Yea no problem.

Lyall: See you.

Lyall then stood up, shook Kristian's hand and left the cafe.

"Weve only ever talked for less then five minutes and I'm going to be managing his team.... What's going on?"

A quick Heads up to anyone reading this story. My aim is to do well in Australia and move to a bigger clubs in Europe and eventually win the Euro Champions, and the World cup.

August 2012

The squad has been picked for the Western Sydney Wanderers debut season in the Hyundai A League and Kristian was on his way to Blacktown International Sports Ground for his first training session. When he arrived, he noticed that there were a few traveling supporters who have come to witness the first session. He walked down the steps and met up with his troops.

Me: Alright lads. I have met and talked to each of you individually before so there is nothing much to say right now because it has mostly, already been said. But I will tell you this. No-one expects a lot from us this season. No body finds us a threat because we have only had six months to put a squad together. I say.... LETS PROVE THEM WRONG!!!!!!!

After Kristian's last words the entire squad shouted something along the lines of "YES"or "YEA".

Lyall: Psst. Kristian. Sorry to interupt your training session but there are a couple of journalists here that would like an interview.

"Really?..... god **** journos"

Me: Yea no worries ill be up in a sec.

As Kristian walked back up the stairs he could see a camera man and....

"Mariana Rudan from SBS. My god she is beautiful. So she will be interviewing me ay? I retract my last statement about journos"

Mariana: You stand here as the new manager of Wanderers FC. Is this your dream job?

Me: I am very pleased that the chairman has entrusted me with this position.

Mariana: What would you say is your tactical approach to the game?

Me: We need to make sure we have a balanced approach. If you have a great defence and poor attack, you won't be scoring goals and therefore not winning games. It works in the opposite as well. If you have a great attack and poor defence, you will be conceding to many goals.

Mariana: So what do you think the strongest area of your squad is?

Me: Well, since we haven't really played a game yet I can't comment. But looking at today's training. All the boys are looking great.

Mariana: Thank you Kristian.

"Lets get prepared for our first match."

This is the squad that will play for the Western Sydney Wanderers in the Hyundai A League, 2012-2013 season.

Goalkeepers

Ante Covic
Jerrad Tyson

Defence

Lacopo La Rocca
Nikolai Topor-Stanley
Michael Beauchamp
Shannon Cole

Midfield

Tarek Elrich
Jerome Polenz
Adam D'Apuzzo
Vincenzo Grella (MQ)
Jason Trifiro
Youssouf Hersi
Aaron Mooy
Mateo Poljak
Shinji Ono (MQ)

Strikers

Labinot Haliti
Tahj Minniecon
Mark Bridge
Dino Kresinger

Youth

Awabena Appiah-Kubi
Reece Caira

These are the upcoming pre season fixtures for the Western Sydney Wanderers.

vs Bathurst '75 (A)
vs Blacktown City FC (A)
vs Hakoah (A)
vs Western Sydney Berries FC (A)