Zilina FC v Chelsea Champs League 300 Euro a ticket!!!

smitvilla

Reaction score
I'm currently in Slovakia and my partners father, a avid football fan, told me tickets for the Chelsea game are being sold for 300 Euro!!

http://www.webnoviny.sk/sport/fanusik-zaplati-300--za-fc-chelsea/210267-clanok.html

link in Slovak you can change but translation not great, but im sure you can all see the 300 Euro bit :O

This is shocking, I would like to know how much the Chelsea fans will be charged?? Especially as:-
1. Chelsea will probably rest key players
2. The price of 1 ticket is 300x the cost of a 'normal' match day ticket at Zilina FC

http://mskzilina.sk/eng/?url=static&stranka=1003 (in English)

Yes, this game would be the equivalent to their Final if all the Chelsea stars showed up, If your team were playing would you pay this????

Thread moved to correct section.

I wouldnt pay 3 euros to watch Chelsea reserves, let alone 300....

Away tickets for the UCL last year was about 79 quid, which is about 90 euro's.

300 euro's is terrible.

300 euro's is ****** expensive,Even I wont pay that much to watch my beloved Chelsea RESERVES

Thats appalingly bad and stupid.

Fair enough it is Chelsea and probably biggest game in terms of possible revenue for the club but to alienate yourself from the fans that have most likely been there for years with pricing like this is appaling.

UEFA should step in but Platini is too busy ripping on English clubs to sort this out while Sepp is couting his dosh from last World Cup and banging on about abolishing draws.

WOW, that is incredibly expensive. Maybe you should keep your money...

season ticket holders can get tickets from 50 Euro....still a big rise but not too bad, But other fans will pay upto 300 Euro.

It'll be an 1/2 empty stadium IMO. The the hardcore season ticket holders will front the the cash, fans aren't stupid enough to think Chelsea will send a full strength squad, Chelsea travelling fans will buy a few but even then it'd only be the hardcore.

This will backfire spectacularly

Who wants to see Chelsea reserves play a team of players that are all unknowns outside of their home land? UEFA need to step in, otherwise they will be playing with no-one in stands

Who wants to see Chelsea reserves play a team of players that are all unknowns outside of their home land? UEFA need to step in, otherwise they will be playing with no-one in stands

What can UEFA do? Once they step in where do you draw the line? Sets a very dangerous precedent, and even then the club should take UEFA to court for restriction of trade

What can UEFA do? Once they step in where do you draw the line? Sets a very dangerous precedent, and even then the club should take UEFA to court for restriction of trade

Well, it's either that, or play with an empty stadium. I think something will be done though.

Do they have any say in the tv rights and as to how much/who they sell to???? Or as it is Champs league and they already have the tv revenue, it isn't upto them?

that team who played Liverpool in the first qualifier sold to Primetime

300 euros, what's that, 250 quid? Utterly disgraceful.

lol my friend watched united vs chelsea in russia that cost £275 so about the same as this , this is some sort of sick joke right?

looking to go to this game at the Bridge - £300 for a ticket though :O

i was looking to go to an away champs league game, not this one now haha.

lol my friend watched united vs chelsea in russia that cost £275 so about the same as this , this is some sort of sick joke right?

That was the final though Curt.

*inserts facepalm*